• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE / ETR @ Bluegrass BBQ - Moody, AL - Sat., Oct. 24, 2020 (11:30 am CDT)

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
RTE / ETR Event

When:  Sat., Oct. 24, 11:30 am CDT
Where: Bluegrass Barbeque
          2709 Moody Pkwy (US Hwy 411)
          Moody, AL 35004 ... east of Birmingham, AL; not far from Barber Motorsports ... to give you an idea of location
          205.650.1BBQ (1227)
Ref. Attached maps or see Website
---------------------------------------------
ETR: Following lunch, join me on some twisty country roads in this area ... schedules permitting.

David (aka: Road Runner)

p.s., I know this falls on the same weekend as Cliff's event in AR. Neither Ron nor I thought this would interfere with his event.

Attachments

• Map-out Bluegrass BBQ.jpg
    Map-out Bluegrass BBQ.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Map-in Bluegrass BBQ.jpg
    Map-in Bluegrass BBQ.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 261
Seeings how this is in Alabama, all y'all come! (If you're from PA, it's you-uns...)  ;D

Thanks David.

Ron

Put in my calendar. Hope to make the ride from Winder GA.

Well got to cancel out of this one. My wedding anniversary is the 27 and the next weekend will be Halloween. My wife does not want to go anywhere on Halloween so we will be going the weekend of the RTE.

Last edited:
My wife (Marina) and I are looking forward to seeing you there (rain or shine), on Sat., Oct. 24. Coming up soon!

Text sent. QT in Oakwood @ 8:30. Three hour ride. We'll pick up an hour going into Central Time, lose it coming home. Putting us in there about 11 local with a "stretch break" along the way to "return morning coffee to the wild..." You bringing the Wing or the C-14?
Ron
(anyone else coming is welcome to join us, btw)

Considering the nasty, rainy weather, I believe we had a good turnout at our event. The following nine (9) COG'ers were present: Ron Simmons, Phil Rockwell, Glen Gourneau, Ken Skinner, Dave Lovelady, Tom Sills, Connor Herchenhahn (my grandson), Marina Hamil (wife), and me.

Surprisingly, most road their bikes in for this event (rain or shine), but several of us (including yours truly) came in our 4-wheeler (i.e., cage).

Thank you for joining us. I'm sure others had planned to come, but I'm sure the rain was a deterrent.

I'll post-up a picture as soon as my wife downloads it from her digital camera.

Considering the nasty, rainy weather, I believe we had a good turnout at our event. The following nine (9) COG'ers were present: Ron Simmons, Phil Rockwell, Glen Gourneau, Ken Skinner, Dave Lovelady, Tom Sills, Connor Herchenhahn (my grandson), Marina Hamil (wife), and me.

Surprisingly, most road their bikes in for this event (rain or shine), but several of us (including yours truly) came in our 4-wheeler (i.e., cage).

Thank you for joining us. I'm sure others had planned to come, but I'm sure the rain was a deterrent.

I'll post-up a picture as soon as my wife downloads it from her digital camera.
Couple of pics attached ...

Attachments

• COG-SE_Bluegrass BBQ_24Oct2020.JPG
    COG-SE_Bluegrass BBQ_24Oct2020.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 10.24.20BGBBQ.JPG
    10.24.20BGBBQ.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 130