• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Russell seat wanted.

brgenck

Tricycle
Greetings Riders,

I'm looking for a used Russell Day Long Seat for my 2011 Concours. 
brgenck@qwestoffice.net.....or.....612-616-4849. 

Bruce Genck
Minneapolis, MN.

Bruce

My understanding is that the Russell seats are custom made to individual specifications.
I am also going for a Russell for my 2011.
The stock seat is suprisingly uncomfortable for anything over a couple of hundred miles.
Good luck.

Doug

Bruce,
I have one & they are the best! You can ride day after day in complete comfort, every bike I ever own will have one. They are custom made to fit you & you only, so unless you buy it from someone your identical size & weight you most likely want like it or even fit in it. Lets say you're 3" taller & 50 lbs. heavier than me & sat on my bike you would jammed up on the tank. Buy new you want regret it!
Cliff

I was all set to order the Russell until I found out it raises the seat height by up to 2".
I have a 32" inseam and find it hard to get to the ground as it is!

Skeeter

Skeeter,
My inseam is the same as yours. My seat height is 32 1/4" & I have no real issues. You do have to get used to it & pay attention to where you park. To me the comfort far out weighs stopping or parking problems. That 2" increase would only be for for taller riders since the seat is custom made for you, the longer the legs taller the seat.
Cliff

Cliff

That information of raising the seat came from Russell after I sent my specs and pictures.I put a note on it saying I didn't want the seat any higher than stock and they called me and said it would go about 2" higher.Actually I even told them my insean was 31" to try and keep the height down.
I have already dropped the bike once because I lost footing and have been in a number of situations where I was not comfortable .
Maybe because I was used to a 30" seat height from before but I really have lost confidence with going any higher than stock.

I'm glad it works for you but the information they gave me puts it at 33 to 34 high.

Thanks

I bought a used seat off ebay for my 09 and had it made by Russell.  Last year I was sure I wasted my money.  It wasn't particularly comfortable and was terrible to manuever the bike.  I rode it lots and now it is very comfortable.  I use the stock seat riding around town and put the Russell on for longer trips.  Pretty happy with it now.

The Russell needs at least 2 to 3,000 miles to break in, especially if you have the FatBast suspension.
Mine did and now due to the Credit Crunch someone elses butt is enjoying it.
I will buy another one but I want to keep a second saddle for my "sportier" moments as the Russell is not suited to getting out of the saddle cornering.

IF YOU CHECK WITH ME IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS I HAVE A RUSSEL DAY LONG SADLE SPARE READY TO GO.  I HAVE SOMEONE USING IT FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS AND IF HE DOES NOT WANT IT I WILL SELL THIS ONE.  $500.00 + SHIPPING
stevec13@hotmail.com