• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RWTW Saturday (edit Lunch) at The Dillard House?

wayniac

Bicycle
Hey fellow COGgers.
I'm throwing out an idea for a ride and meal you'll all like.  I thought an optional group lunch on Saturday could be nice.
The Dillard House is about 90 minutes from TWoS and it's a great location/experience/ meal.
Follow it up by going into Clayton and riding Warwoman Rd over to Hwy 28 (another great road).
If you've never been to The Dillard House you'll want to go. It's raved about by motorcycliists in other groups I've ridden with.

I propose the following.....
Let's meet there at 1130 Saturday September 7th, gather in the parking lot and go in as a group when we have a head count.
Running late? No worries they'll still seat you.
The meals there are served family style on platters to the table take what you want and pass it on, they'll bring more. Did I mention it's really good?

Post up to this thread so we can gauge interest?
http://www.dillardhouse.com/restaurant/index.php

Wayne to be clear, Kurt if offering supper on Wednesday evening.  TWoS will be serving breakfast Thursday and Friday and supper Thursday (which they don't usually do but will for our group)

Also I might suggest going north towards Franklin 1.3 miles and turn right on Hwy 246 to Sky Valley, when you get to Highlands go south on 28 until it picks up Warwoman Rd

While 830 ain't necessarily a bad time for breakkie the departure time from Suches is a tad early for this cowboy.

Cool idea, though.

COGnosticator said:
Wayne to be clear, Kurt if offering supper on Wednesday evening.  TWoS will be serving breakfast Thursday and Friday and supper Thursday (which they don't usually do but will for our group)

Also I might suggest going north towards Franklin 1.3 miles and turn right on Hwy 246 to Sky Valley, when you get to Highlands go south on 28 until it picks up Warwoman Rd

Thanks for the correction I'm going to correct the original post.

Interesting idea. I passed  by there a couple of weeks ago and  it crossed my mind about a lunch RTE sometime. Great southern style food and lots of  it.

Wayne, how about a lunch ride instead of breakfast? Then we can pig out for both breakfast and lunch?  >:D This way we won't mess up the head count for the breakfast at Two's since they're opening up just for us and we can leave at a more reasonable time. It will also give some people time to sleep off breakfast  :D. I've heard of this place as well and would be interested in going for lunch.

My mistake, I thought it was for Friday. Two's would be open for breakfast anyway. Still sounds like a good idea for lunch though. Who's going to Helen for the toboggan ride and when?

Always Young said:
Wayne, how about a lunch ride instead of breakfast? Then we can pig out for both breakfast and lunch?  >:D This way we won't mess up the head count for the breakfast at Two's since they're opening up just for us and we can leave at a more reasonable time. It will also give some people time to sleep off breakfast  :D. I've heard of this place as well and would be interested in going for lunch.

My mistake, I thought it was for Friday. Two's would be open for breakfast anyway. Still sounds like a good idea for lunch though. Who's going to Helen for the toboggan ride and when?

I'm open to doing that instead. So far not much interest in doing breakfast. Too early?
If there's interest in doing lunch instead please post up.

minimum 60 mile ride that takes 1 hour and 27 minutes from Suches to Dillard tells you it's a good ride and other options in between.

I'm interested in lunch.

How about lunch on Saturday then?
Gather in the parking lot at 1130-1145. I'll get us on the list when we have a headcount.

Due to the hurricane I won't be able to get to RWTW until Friday night.

This would make a nice lunch ride destination.