• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

S.M.A.R.T. ADVANCED TRAINING/CAMPING EVENT WEEKEND

ron203

Southeast Area Director
konehead said:
Douglass, with the recent arrival of the Concourier, It contained a word or two about this s.m.a.r.t. training.  I think a separate forum thread, indicating this event is not going to take place after all is probably necessary.  That way you won't have to be answering everybody....(jat) just a thought..

No need to. I edited the title to reflect the postponement. Thanks.

Douglasjre

I may be able to put this event on Jan 24-26, with Sat Jan 25 training by the Osceola County Sheriff's office. This is one week after the BMW Coldest Rally, and the weather in Kissimmee is usually 70F in the daytime at this time of year.

Is this a blackout date for anyone? How many of you'all are interested if this is FREE except for the camping?

COGnosticator

Douglasjre

If we wait for the more advanced course on Date(s) - 04/04/2020; 7:00 am - 2:00 pm we get a better course. How do you guys feel about this date?

Specifics:
Open Course – There will be basic exercises to work with riders that are learning to ride in the friction zone to competition type cone patterns for more advanced riders.

Registration begins at 7:00 am with class starting at 7:45 am and ends at 2:00 pm.

Requirements:

Helmet
Over Ankle Shoes
Valid Florida Driver’s License with Motorcycle Endorsement

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Douglas said:
If we wait for the more advanced course on Date(s) - 04/04/2020; 7:00 am - 2:00 pm we get a better course. How do you guys feel about this date?

Specifics:
Open Course – There will be basic exercises to work with riders that are learning to ride in the friction zone to competition type cone patterns for more advanced riders.

Registration begins at 7:00 am with class starting at 7:45 am and ends at 2:00 pm.

Requirements:

Helmet
Over Ankle Shoes
Valid Florida Driver’s License with Motorcycle Endorsement

Any other options? The Return to Hohenwald rally s hamigrated  to this same weekend due to costs associated with the facility in Tennessee.

Konehead34

Not to be  a wise ass Doug, but according to the requirements we need a valid FLORIDA license with mc rating...  is this just for florida residents or can us georgia boys and girls play with y'all.  I'm really hoping u meant valid operators license with motorcycle endorsement...

Douglasjre

konehead said:
Not to be  a wise a** Doug, but according to the requirements we need a valid FLORIDA license with mc rating...  is this just for florida residents or can us georgia boys and girls play with y'all.  I'm really hoping u meant valid operators license with motorcycle endorsement...

This is available to all states of issue for mcy licenses. We are working on a date that will be exclusive for our club and will allow 5 skill levels of organization. Our novice guys through experts can all have more individualized training. At the end of the day we may do a competition for our club.  :)

We are considering the last weekend of Feb or March. Anybody with blackout dates?

Konehead34

Thanks Doug.  I dont think your gonna be able to satisfy everyone regarding 'dates'.  Your probably just gonna have to just set it, and those of us who can make it will....

mcfly

konehead said:
Thanks Doug.  I dont think your gonna be able to satisfy everyone regarding 'dates'.  Your probably just gonna have to just set it, and those of us who can make it will....

:iagree: 

Coordinating the event date to available camp sites may be enough of a challenge!  ;)

Douglasjre

Jerry
I'm glad to hear you are excited about this course! We are working out final details for our site as we speak. Marty is going to personally examine our intended campsite. We are told it's the nicest and sells out pronto because it's so low price and beautiful.

Holidays were quite busy so we will get this up soon. Intended weekend is March 6/7/8. Does that work for you guys?

COGnosticator

Douglas said:
Jerry
I'm glad to hear you are excited about this course! We are working out final details for our site as we speak. Marty is going to personally examine our intended campsite. We are told it's the nicest and sells out pronto because it's so low price and beautiful.

Holidays were quite busy so we will get this up soon. Intended weekend is March 6/7/8. Does that work for you guys?

Works for me

AlwysYng

Moped
Ok, let me get this straight as to the dates for this event. It was going to be on February 6,7 but is now set for April 4th? If April 4th is the true date, then I won't be able to attend this year. My daughter is getting married on 4-4-20 and I really can't  miss that. Priorities you know.... See you at another event sometime this year.

Konehead34

Hmmmm..... where did u get april 4th.... Doug says march 6,7,8....but it hasn't been set in stone yet....

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Always Young said:
Ok, let me get this straight as to the dates for this event. It was going to be on February 6,7 but is now set for April 4th? If April 4th is the true date, then I won't be able to attend this year. My daughter is getting married on 4-4-20 and I really can't  miss that. Priorities you know.... See you at another event sometime this year.

The Februrary dates are for the JenningsGP Sport Touring school. DIFFERENT event.

AlwysYng

Moped
Dang, senior moment again.  :-[ Too many things happening in the next three months at home. First daughter wedding shower, wedding, second daughter buying a house and  moving, third daughter getting a job after graduating UCF last month, whew. That said, then, YES, i can make this event.  :)

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Always Young said:
Dang, senior moment again.  :-[ Too many things happening in the next three months at home. First daughter wedding shower, wedding, second daughter buying a house and  moving, third daughter getting a job after graduating UCF last month, whew. That said, then, YES, i can make this event.  :)

Wow. Lots o' moving parts!!

Konehead34

I still dont see this posted on the calendar.....  are we locked in for march 6-8, or are we still waiting.....??

March is a month and a half away.....!!!

mcfly

konehead said:
I still dont see this posted on the calendar.....  are we locked in for march 6-8, or are we still waiting.....??

March is a month and a half away.....!!!

Our major hold up for this event is finding a 'tent friendly' campground that doesn't
'strictly prohibit' alcohol, has enough space, and is cost effective.

Campgrounds in Central Florida are for the most part RV parks (snowbird friendly).
Campgrounds that have group tent sites available are County or State owned, and
are VERY restrictive about well, just about everything.

Doug and I visited Moss Park a little while back, and aside from 1 mile ride on
packed gravel to get to the site, has the room available for (2) family sites, but
we're waiting until reservations can be made to secure those camp sites.
"Alcohol strictly prohibited" at this park, so it would have to be Shirley Temples
around the fire at night.

I'm still hunting for better camping.  We're trying.... just not much out there close to the event.

Stay tuned....

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Thanks Marty. Not to sidetrack the discussion, just adding "value" there are still two slots available for the Sport Touring day at JenningsGP if anyone wants in, let me or Doug Re know. It's 2/7/2020.

Konehead34

Tic toc... feb 7th.... how goes the planning and date setting...are we good for those march dates or....?????