• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sad times, swallowing my pride.

loukoncor5459

First off, let me say, I have searched the forum and found no rules against what I am about to do. However, if there are such rules I apologize to the Admins and the members in advance.

Back at the end of April and beginning of May I bought this lovely Connie for an amazing price from a great guy. https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/sold-86-concours-for-sale-45k-miles.54323/

Unfortunately, less than two weeks later my wife and I discovered, she has stage 4 lung cancer that has metastasized to her brain. She is currently enrolled in a Clinical trail at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO. While early signs are good for her brain tumors the lung tumors have resisted all efforts to shrink them. Add to this that she now also has a blood clot in her left lung, things are not looking so good. Needless to say, we have both missed a ton of work, I have sold my pickup I used on our property and suggested I sell the Connie but she flat out gets angry when I suggest it. She knows it is my ONE way to cope with what is going on.

I have a gofundme set up to try and help cover the cost and losses in income and to cover our daily/monthly bills. I am NOT asking anyone here to donate, all I am asking is that if you have twitter, FB or whatever please share. We have been together for 25 years now, and I am not sure if I can go on if she passes.

Thank you, and again, if this is against the rules I truly appologize.

Lou Koncor

First off, let me say, I have searched the forum and found no rules against what I am about to do. However, if there are such rules I apologize to the Admins and the members in advance.

Back at the end of April and beginning of May I bought this lovely Connie for an amazing price from a great guy. https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/sold-86-concours-for-sale-45k-miles.54323/

Unfortunately, less than two weeks later my wife and I discovered, she has stage 4 lung cancer that has metastasized to her brain. She is currently enrolled in a Clinical trail at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO. While early signs are good for her brain tumors the lung tumors have resisted all efforts to shrink them. Add to this that she now also has a blood clot in her left lung, things are not looking so good. Needless to say, we have both missed a ton of work, I have sold my pickup I used on our property and suggested I sell the Connie but she flat out gets angry when I suggest it. She knows it is my ONE way to cope with what is going on.

I have a gofundme set up to try and help cover the cost and losses in income and to cover our daily/monthly bills. I am NOT asking anyone here to donate, all I am asking is that if you have twitter, FB or whatever please share. We have been together for 25 years now, and I am not sure if I can go on if she passes.

Thank you, and again, if this is against the rules I truly appologize.

Lou Koncor
Lou terribly sorry to hear of your wife’s condition. Carol for certain appreciates and needs your support.

Carol sounds like an incredibly strong and selfless individual.

I see you have already gained much family and friend support on the GFM. Keep your chin up, positive energy and perseverance.

Note: I’d ask for a review of the employer’s no WFH ruling…. At least get one day/wk.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

So sorry for you, but always hang on to hope and faith. Sending positive thoughts and prayers as I know I have needed them lately. We lost our only daughter in 2005, this year has been all about our only son's stage 4 colon cancer. But you have 25 years of solid love and a support group you don't even know about.

So sorry for you, but always hang on to hope and faith. Sending positive thoughts and prayers as I know I have needed them lately. We lost our only daughter in 2005, this year has been all about our only son's stage 4 colon cancer. But you have 25 years of solid love and a support group you don't even know about.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter and now the battle for you son. we will be praying for you as well, if there is anything I can do please PM me.