• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Saturday, April 13, North Jersey/Catskills Day Ride

terrynyc

Save the date for another North Jersey Ramble.  Haven't done this one in a while Let's hope the weather cooperates, details to follow. :great: :motonoises:

Depending on where you are rambling, I could meet up with you somewhere in the Cats, maybe for lunch?
Good motivation to finish up the annual submittal to one of my favorite gubbermint agencies.  :eek:  ::)

Planning on stopping at River Runners Roost right on Rt 97 for some BBQ.  Still have to get the details squared away but figured I'd pick a day and run with it! ;)

Okay folks here's the plan.  Meet at the Quick Check, 100 Mt Arlington Blvd, Mt Arlington, NJ, 07850 with kickstands up about 9amish.  We will wend our way westward then head through Port Jervis and Hawk's Nest.  Next we'll head for a loop into the Catskills linking up with Rt 55 at Eldred and back to Rt 97 on the Delaware River ending up at River Runner's Roost, 2378 State Route 97, Pond Eddy, NY, 12770, around lunchtime for some vittles.  If I can figure out how to put the route on the COG library I'll do it but frankly I wouldn't count on it! :))

One of those chicken places up there went out of business and I think, but am not sure, was the River Runner's Roost.  If I get over there in the next week or so I will let you know.

Fred
Wa2gzw

I get home from a trip the day before.  If I can keep my calendar clear I’m in!  Will know more the week of the 8th.  Hope to see you all.

Fred_Wa2gzw said:
One of those chicken places up there went out of business and I think, but am not sure, was the River Runner's Roost.  If I get over there in the next week or so I will let you know.

Fred
Wa2gzw

Yikes!  They were still advertising in the Backroads magazine.  No worries if it has gone belly up we can head into Port Jervis for lunch.

OK I did some online peeping and alternate lunch stop will be Fox and Hare Brewing Company, 46 Front St, Port Jervis, NY, 12771.  Looks quite interesting and perhaps my tailbag will be slightly heavier coming home they sell six packs of cans. :great: :beerchug:

Closed, but if Terry wants to purchase the place he could be the new Chicken King!!-lol  Photo taken on April 07 1019

Attachments

• 20190407_145327 (3).jpg
    20190407_145327 (3).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 107
Yeah I emailed them right after I saw the post and they confirmed they're probably not going to reopen due to permit problems, sooo we'll be heading to the alternate choice in Port Jervis. :great: :motonoises:

Okay folks this weather is driving me crazy! :mad:

The morning could be a wash and that's when we'd be doing most of the riding.  I'll make the final call tomorrow but I'm leaning towards aborting the mission.  Tune in tomorrow!

Forecast from NWS:

Saturday showers likely, mainly before 8am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Maybe a 10am meet?  Anyway, your call 🙂

Since I see no reason to ride in the rain if I don't have to I'm gonna call it and try again.  Waiting until morning is way too last minute and the forecast keeps changing.  It went from rain ending at 6am to 9am in a matter of three hours LOL.  Guess I'll be getting my garage work done and the new opener installed.

Terry,

What a bummer, I was looking forward to this for a while.  You're right about the rain, no sense riding in it if there isn't a need.  Hopefully you'll reschedule.

Later,
Alex

Well at least I took advantage and repaired my garage ceiling (FINALLY) and hung the new garage door opener LOL.
I'll look at my schedule and see when I can schedule again.  Maybe the weekend before the fling.  :great: