• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Savannah GA. trip soon,camping-need tips?

mfrabbit

Carol and I will be riding to Savannah soon and camping at Skidaway state park so we'll be riding my bike into savannah and we ride ATGAT so when we park I'm concerned what to do with our gear and where to park for the day because there's just not enough storage room on the c10---any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My wife, also a Carol, will not tent - so no recent experience in a tent - but can you hang inside your tent?

ATGAT is the ONLY way to ride.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I meant once we ride into savannah the city as to where to park and put all our gear safely-I've got a couple of steel cables I can loop through the clothes and helmets but just not sure if they will be there when we get back?

Oh I see! 🤪

My wife and I use a cable lock for our helmets then stow the jackets, pants, gloves and GPS in the boxes. If you have SENA or other devices pop off the controllers and lock those up.

If space is too tight in the boxes for your clothing: empty your pockets and use your cable lock for your jackets / pants as well.

In more than a decade of touring all over US - we’ve never had an issue with someone playing with our equipment.

Liie 2and blue, in more than 3 decades of touring ive never had anyone disturb any of my gear.. lunch runs wont even get the jacket locked up. My helmet always goes on the helmet lock, no room in my trunk.

Enroute to the national in 2019 stopped in Baltimore to catch the ball game. Gps and important things that were in my tank bag went in the trunk. Jacket got cable locked to the bike, and the bike was parked on the street a block away from the stadium. Everything was just as i left it...

When u do visit here, most parking downtown will require paying for it. If u come down to river street there are some lots to park in, BUT U WILL BE ON COBBLESTONES, FOR THE RIDE DOWN from bay street to river and river itself. Save urself the agnst and park up on bay...easy way to see the city is to take one of the tours...if i remember correctly they left u get off where ud like along the tour, and u can hop on another bus when ur ready...

Thanks for the info I guess I've been watching the news too much and became PARANOID! but I get that way sometimes. We've got cables and locks that we've used before---Can't wait---Yea vacation!!!