• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sedici Avventura Jacket

2andblue

COG Executive Director
My Tourmaster Transition 3 has begun showing its age, grabbed this Sedicci Avventura yesterday.

Will see how this goes - lots of bells, whistles and three layers of zipper in/ out layers. I am used to a simpler jacket but this jacket may have more adaptability for comfort across a larger spectrum of weather. Venting is larger than the Series 5 which is really saying something.

Wayne

Last edited:
First impression in comparison to the Tourmaster Transition 3 the Sedicci Avventura has better venting, WAY better neck protection, fit is more configurable / individualized and has about the same storage and same insulating / cold weather protection

I don’t like the fact the full waterproofing is via way of a removable liner.

As long as one can get along with having a removable waterproof liner I think the Avventura will enhance the individual rider’s experience.

...I don’t like the fact the full waterproofing is via way of a removable liner.

As long as one can get along with having a removable waterproof liner I think the Avventura will enhance the individual rider’s experience.
I felt that way several years ago. I had some Fieldsheer overpants with a built-in liner. Then they started leaking. I still have them as backup pants, and the inside seams are covered with duct tape. Not pretty, but functional. The reason the seams leak in the pants is that you put them on with your boots already on. The boots catch on the inner waterproof liner and over time, put stress on those seams till they finally begin leaking.

The replacement pants were from Olympia and have a separate waterproof/windproof liner. At first, I thought this was a huge bother. Then I saw the wisdom in the design. The boots no longer snag like they did before, and when the weather gets warmer, I can leave out the waterproof liner and get some ventilation through the outer Cordura material. Finally after a lot of years and miles of usage, the waterproof liner started to leak. So I just went to REI and bought a rain pant with a full length side zipper. The pants are still good and waterproof. If the liner wasn't removable, they would be like the Fieldsheer pants.

I found my Olympia AST2 jacket was really great...because it had a separate waterproof/windproof liner like the Sedici AAventura has. The outer jacket is "waterproof", but with a separate liner, the vents all go straight through to the body. And when I get to the destination, I can leave the waterproof liner on and wear it as a windbreaker.

I suspect the Sedici liners are less expensive and don't breathe. Because they are separate, you can replace the liner with something that breathes better.

Chris

I felt that way several years ago. I had some Fieldsheer overpants with a built-in liner. Then they started leaking. I still have them as backup pants, and the inside seams are covered with duct tape. Not pretty, but functional. The reason the seams leak in the pants is that you put them on with your boots already on. The boots catch on the inner waterproof liner and over time, put stress on those seams till they finally begin leaking.

The replacement pants were from Olympia and have a separate waterproof/windproof liner. At first, I thought this was a huge bother. Then I saw the wisdom in the design. The boots no longer snag like they did before, and when the weather gets warmer, I can leave out the waterproof liner and get some ventilation through the outer Cordura material. Finally after a lot of years and miles of usage, the waterproof liner started to leak. So I just went to REI and bought a rain pant with a full length side zipper. The pants are still good and waterproof. If the liner wasn't removable, they would be like the Fieldsheer pants.

I found my Olympia AST2 jacket was really great...because it had a separate waterproof/windproof liner like the Sedici AAventura has. The outer jacket is "waterproof", but with a separate liner, the vents all go straight through to the body. And when I get to the destination, I can leave the waterproof liner on and wear it as a windbreaker.

I suspect the Sedici liners are less expensive and don't breathe. Because they are separate, you can replace the liner with something that breathes better.

Chris
The Sedici Waterproof layer is a breathable membrane material - no complaints there - just need to accept the liner has to be put in if you want true waterproof jacket.

Sounds we have the same Olympia over-pants.

Chris
I'm in the market, so this is timely - thanks!

EDIT: Oops, this jacket is from 2012 - ish; so don't think it'll be available in 2021

Last edited: