• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shady Maple Smorgasbord RTE [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Russell Fleming put together this new ride.  If you don't know what a Smorgasbord is, wear loose clothing before diving in...... :)

Saturday June 30, 2018 Lunch ride to Shady Maple Smorgasbord

Meet at 9:30 am and kick stands up at 10 am at the back-parking lot Sheetz in Manchester MD at the intersection of Md Route 30 and Md Route 27. The ride is 95 miles long and takes about 3 ½ hours. The ride will take you through some of Russell’s hidden back roads through PA Amish Country. The Smorgasbord is located in Lancaster County PA in the town of East Earl.  If you are too far from Manchester for the start, we can organize a ride to the event from other locations, or just show up at the Shady Maple around 1-1:30 PM. 

Here is the link to Shady Maple. http://WWW.SHADY-MAPLE.COM

Here is the link to the event on the COG calendar event, please register so we can get a table count. 

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247365&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018-06-23%27%7D

Download or print the route before the ride.

Attachments

• 2018 Shadey Maple Lunch Ride.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 2018 Route Sheet LUNCH RIDE SHADY MAPLE.pdf
    81.5 KB · Views: 115
It's been a long while since I have been there. But I have been there a few times. It had great food at a very reasonable price. I would stop in again if the opportunity arose. 

I have a leak in my final drive.  I also have a warranty and a dealer with unknown skills that is supposed to fix it. I hope I can make it.........

4Bikes said:
I have a leak in my final drive.  I also have a warranty and a dealer with unknown skills that is supposed to fix it. I hope I can make it.........

That's why you need 2 motorcycles  :) & sorry , but I'm working Saturday  :'(

fish said:
4Bikes said:

That's why you need 2 motorcycles  :) & sorry , but I'm working Saturday  :'(
Hey, some truth there. 61,100 and 7 years with zero mechanicals. Now I’m thinking maybe I do need a backup.  Doesn’t help to be walking around the Kawasaki dealership which I never need to visit to get all sort of wicked ideas.  :-[

Yes, that is on the list. So is the Z900RS, and I did say wicked, so the ZX-14R really catches my eye. Wonder what my insurance would be for that beast?  >:D

When Kawasaki had the test rides going in Johnson City, I asked this question.......I ride a C-14, what would be a good second bike to have?  His answer was immediate. "Get a Versys, you cant go wrong".  So now this question, what terrain do you ADV guys ride that a KLR will cover that a Versys 650 or 1000 can't?  I assume you are riding motocross courses or singletrack?

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Versys-1000-LT?&cm_mmc=Google-_-K.com_Vehicle_Model_Desktop_phrase-_-p-_-versys%201000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9fqVmc7x2wIVClmGCh0otgO8EAAYASAAEgLEnPD_BwE

4Bikes said:
When Kawasaki had the test rides going in Johnson City, I asked this question.......I ride a C-14, what would be a good second bike to have?  His answer was immediate. "Get a Versys, you cant go wrong".  So now this question, what terrain do you ADV guys ride that a KLR will cover that a Versys 650 or 1000 can't?  I assume you are riding motocross courses or singletrack?

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Versys-1000-LT?&cm_mmc=Google-_-K.com_Vehicle_Model_Desktop_phrase-_-p-_-versys%201000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9fqVmc7x2wIVClmGCh0otgO8EAAYASAAEgLEnPD_BwE

The Versys  in my opinion is a street bike,&  not a trail bike , kind of like the Vstrom.  The KLR is much better on fire roads  then either of the 2 & 1/2 the price new compared to the other & for a few grand more than the Versys, you can buy an Africa twin 😁