• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shift peg

loukoncor5459

Hey all, is there an easy, simple way to make the shift peg longer? I have size 18 feet and have a lot of issues trying to shift due to my knee damage. I am looking for a simple solution to extend the shit peg.

Thanks all!!

BigLou

I did this on my Suzuki Bandit. I took the shifter off & sawed the end off with a hacksaw. Drilled 2 1/4 inch holes or smaller in the shifter & used a carriage bolt from home depot , galvanized bolt. Use a piece of flat alum for the extention Put the rubber back on. Slide it back up to the round part on the carriage bolt. Space the shifter as far up as you want it using the flat aluminum extention. Thread a bolt & washer on I used 2 bolts on the extention. Put it thru your hole & mark it to cut it leaving enough room for a washer & bolt on the other side. blue loc-tite on all bolts. you can put it up as far up as you need it. I used all stainless and it looks great & works for me . 14 shoe for me. I can't imagine a 18 shoe.

Last edited:
Buy a used shifter.

Cut the two shifters, with #1 having a longer front section and #2 having a longer rear section.
ie; Cut each at about the 2/3's point.
#1 Cut at 2/3's from the front.
#2 Cut at 2/3's from the rear.

Use the longer front section from #1, and the longer rear section from #2 and combine them.
ie; By combining the longer pieces, the overall length is longer than stock.
Adjust/trim cut lengths to get the overall length you want.
Have them welded together.
Done.

Ride safe, Ted

What you are referring to when you say "peg"? Are you trying to make the shifter arm (circled in blue) or the toe piece with the rubber damper (circled in red) longer?

1659620796472.png

I think Dean's solution is for the toe piece and Ted's is for the arm. However I wouldn't get that used C14 shifter if this is for a C10, which I think it is since it's in the C10 section.

What you are referring to when you say "peg"? Are you trying to make the shifter arm (circled in blue) or the toe piece with the rubber damper (circled in red) longer?

View attachment 33472

I think Dean's solution is for the toe piece and Ted's is for the arm. However I wouldn't get that used C14 shifter if this is for a C10, which I think it is since it's in the C10 section.
LOL, both actually

Contact Ian at https://bullshiftsales.com/contact-us/

Explain your situation and see if he will put you on the list for the new design shifter and specify you need the longer arms on top and bottom. Arms are adjustable top to bottom for your big foot and extend the placement of the foot laterally to the end of the peg. I have been using one of the new design and providing some input into the biomechanics of foot and ankle motion. He might have the solution you are needing.

bullshiftnew.jpg