• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoei GT Air 2

Fred_wa2gzw

Well my GT Air is getting old and with more that 60k miles of wear I am anxiously awaiting for the GT Air2 to arrive in the states.  If it's anywhere as good as the original I am sure that it will be a great helmet.

Fred
Wa2gzw

Mine has been a decent helmet, but found out it didn't fit my nugget after several thousand miles of wear, so it got relegated to Pillion duty.  ;D

Some initial issues with build quality ( broken plastic pieces ) kind of soured me, and I wasn't a huge fan of the internal visor, but overall a nice lid.

I went back to an Arai after two Shoei's, and I've been even more unhappy with the quality on the Arai (SignetX) in comparison to the Shoei. 
Particularly the Shield mechanism is TOTAL shite.  Broken it twice now trying to remove the shield (which used to be the best in the biz) and the stepped ratcheting is now gone, unlike the Shoei's, which is far superior IMHO.
Don't like the Shield quality either....but I don't think any one manf. makes better shields in terms of how they hold up over time.  Still wish they'd ALL offer a photochromic option, however.  :mad:

I used to hold Arai in the highest regard, but now I may look elsewhere or back to Shoei again.

I didn't know an update for the GT Air was due this year, but it should be a good one.

Any changes planned for the newer model that you know of??

gr

I am waiting for the GT2 to replace my R1100. I thought about the 1200 but my buddy with the GTAir was talking about his so I am gonna go GT 2 when it comes out. Always been a white helmet guy after getting whacked as the studies show for visibility purpose white is more visible but doing research on european sites I saw some pretty awesome colors on the Neotechs. https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Shoei-Neotec-II-Splicer/SubProducts/Shoei-Neotec-II-Splicer-0026