• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoei

cuda

Now I have to admit I have not tried other high priced helmets but I just bought my third Shoei, the first was a Neotec used/ new that someone on here hit a big bird and got insurance to buy them a new one?  many years ago, then bought an Air
for track days because you must have a one-piece full-coverage helmet (joke, too many rules)  and now the Shoei J-Cruise 2 3/4 open face  It's very hot in south Florida, now I don't like wasting money but I got tired of pain from the 2 junk Bell  3/4 helmets, Shoei's are very comfortable and the pin-lock face shield works GREAT no fogging, the new design 3/4 got rid of the D ring has better airflow and a new design face shield will lock and release simply, the only thing I don't like is the price $550 for the j-Cruise 2 new updated version of the J-Cruise , but the old adage you get what you pay for.   

Now I have to admit I have not tried other high priced helmets but I just bought my third Shoei, the first was a Neotec used/ new that someone on here hit a big bird and got insurance to buy them a new one? many years ago, then bought an Air
for track days because you must have a one-piece full-coverage helmet (joke, too many rules) and now the Shoei J-Cruise 2 3/4 open face It's very hot in south Florida, now I don't like wasting money but I got tired of pain from the 2 junk Bell 3/4 helmets, Shoei's are very comfortable and the pin-lock face shield works GREAT no fogging, the new design 3/4 got rid of the D ring has better airflow and a new design face shield will lock and release simply, the only thing I don't like is the price $550 for the j-Cruise 2 new updated version of the J-Cruise , but the old adage you get what you pay for.
Have a Neotec II and love it, talked my riding buddy into one for our 4900 mile trip out west last year and he loved it as well.