• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shout out to the C-10

buzzard53

Over the last 8 years, since my last C-10, I've owned and ridden a lot of different bikes. Now that I'm on my 4th one, I have been reminded how durable, rugged, comfortable, easy to work on and fun to ride these old bikes are. Their appearance will not get confused with todays transformer styles, but they are still attractive and functional. Sure they have maintenance requirements (all bikes do), they can be hard to find parts for and lack many types of newer bike features, but they just work. Sometimes their simplicity makes them more enjoyable. Just finished a great 175 mi ride through the NC foothills. I'm hoping for years of service from this latest purchase.

Ya'll be safe!!

I have not had mine very long but I can truly say it is one of the best bikes I have ever owned. I just bought a Corbin seat and it made a huge difference as far as comfort goes along with the Murphs knee savers it now is a very nice ride.

109,000 miles on my 2001 and still going strong, just can't part with it yet after buying my C-14. Only put 350 miles on it this season though.

Bob. Tell me how you like that Mustad windshield. That looks great. But how does it work.

Dean

Dean,
I love it
Easy to install. Adjustable. Great protection.
Minimal turbulence.
The best part is it is much cooler in the heat.
( I think the air gap between the shield and the faring allows enough arirflow that it increases the ā€œair pressure ā€œ behind the shield
and allows the heat to flow out. The old shields seemed to form like a vacuum that held the heat ā€œinā€ behind the shield)

Best
Bob

Being a retired/tinkerer, I poor boy-ed it.
On my stock shield; To equalize the pressure / more air; I added 2 holes near the base of the stock windshield. ($0.00)
* Helped the head buffeting.
On my summer shield; I added 2 holes near the base of an old/stock windshield, cut the top of the shield off (removed the lip), and added a wing to control the air. ($35.00)
ie; I built a poor boys MRA Vario for a C-10.
* Reduced the buffeting more, is cooler in the summer, and allows me to control the airflow coming off the shield.

NOTE: I'm not saying this is a s good as the Madstad. Just offering it as my cheap alternative.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: