• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoutout to HJC

MichiGlenn

I wanted to let you know about a recent experience with HJC helmets.  I've had an IS Max II helmet for about 4 years, and this summer when I was at a stop sign I wanted to put down the integrated sun shield.  It went down just fine, but the tab you slide to move it apparently broke off.  Next time I went to adjust it, nothing there. 

Anyway, I called HJC customer support, and was told it had a 4 year warranty.  At the time I wasn't sure how long I'd had it, ( i figured 2 years or so--time flies) and hung up to check how old it really is.  When I realized it was a year past warranty, I e-mailed them to see how much the repair would be, and explained that I bought it online, so I wouldn't be returning it through the dealer.  Within about an hour I got a return e-mail, and they offered to fix it for free, even though it was out of warranty.  All I had to do was send it to them.

I figured $26 in postage was better than buying a new helmet ahead of schedule, so off it went.  2 weeks later and no helmet, but when I contacted them they explained that the guy I dealt with had been moved to a different location, and those left behind weren't sure what to do with my helmet.  Anyway, they sent it right away, and even replaced the funky old liner for me. 

A free repair and new liner, when they could easily have sold me a new helmet.  I think my next helmet will be another HJC.

Thanks for sharing. It’s nice and refreshing to hear a good customer service story. It should be more common, so I hope we hear more since word like that spreads.

I have an HJC RPHA and love it. It is fairly light for a modular and it actually fits my head. It's a combination of plastic and carbon.

Just bought that same helmet a few weeks ago!  Already loving it.  Glad to hear your positive experience with HJC

That's a great report. HJC's fit my head, so that's been exclusively my helmet the last 8+ years. Never had any issues with them, but's it's great to know they stand behind their product.

Thanks for the report, it's always good to hear good reports abut the safety gear we use. I am comparing the Bell SRT verses the HJC RPHA 90 as we speak. I am replacing a HJC that served me well. Decisions, decisions! >:D

I just bought my first modular, the HJC i90, and I think it's a tremendous value for the price (I paid just under $200).  I think HJC makes a great "bang for the buck" helmet.

Rob said:
I just bought my first modular, the HJC i90, and I think it's a tremendous value for the price (I paid just under $200).  I think HJC makes a great "bang for the buck" helmet.

I bought an i90 in April and after nearly 6 weeks of use I can say it is nicer than any Shoei I ever owned in the last 30 years!! The only issue I have had with it was my fault. When I was installing my Sena mount on the helmet I dislocated the cable for the visor from it's mount. It is an easy fix, just remove the screws for the visor control and snap the visor cable back in it's mount. No muss, and very little fuss.  :)

Jon

All you guys mention that HJC fits your head, but you don't say what size/shape that is.

anybody care to clarify???

I have the Type O Negative of head shapes.....Long Oval, and my choices are limited.

Thanks!

**I had a similar (positive) experience with Shoei a few years back.  Glad the big manf.'s are standing behind and supporting their products.**

gr

I have a fairly standard head. It includes 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and a mouth. Some like the face, others don't.  :))

I'm not sure what your point is. All the helmets I have ever purchased come in sizes - small, medium, large, and extra large. They don't normally have sub sizes like wide, narrow, long or short. That is done with padding kits.  :??:

Enjoy the ride,
Jon