• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Signature Line Rules & Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Signature Rules
  • All signatures MUST follow all forum rules
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits
    • Up to 5 lines maximum (Blank lines count as lines)
    • Up to 400 characters maximum TOTAL (This includes text, link URLs, image URLs and bbcode)
  • Allowed images for members: visited state maps, images of your motorcycle
  • Allowed images for vendors: visited state maps, images of your motorcycle, company logo, your product images
  • Images in signatures: 2 image maximum, up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall; and 20KB in size maximum
  • Images can only be added using external links (forum does not support uploading images for signatures)
    • Only 2 links allowed per signature
  • No animation allowed (including GIFs)

How To Create a custom signature block in Xenforo:
  • First navigate to your profile by clicking on your username in upper right
  • Choose Signature to enter signature editing mode
  • Add desired text
  • Within Signature Editor, click the image menu button, and add the URL of desired image to insert
  • Use bb-code to format signature further.
  • Here is information on the most common bb-code:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Forum-Admin:

Is using a Webshots type of service  common practice due to storage limitations on the COG site?

I already have way too many Internet accounts, and I'm trying to simplify my digital existence:)

Cheers,

Simon

Good question.

Truth is that that info was originally posted up for the original forum that did not support server-side images.
This one (Simple Machines) does so you can use them.
it's not so much an issue of space as performance. The more files that are stored on the server the slower it will get . However that's not an issue at the moment, and probably never will be.

Bottom line is if you want to use the server store go ahead, but note there is a size limit.

Cheers

Colin

Colin:

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try. My "visited maps" are only 5KB each, so they shouldn't present any problem to the COG server.

Cheers,

Simon

Shaft-Drive said:
Colin:

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try. My "visited maps" are only 5KB each, so they shouldn't present any problem to the COG server.

Cheers,

Simon

IIRC, pics in sigs must be linked images.

Simon...  does your tag line look like what you want now?  (the size is dictated by Photobucket's thumbnail size) The URL used was not correct.  View your profile to see what the code looks like now.  This is easily creatable by using getting the link from Photobucket's "share" button, click on the "Get Link Code tab" and then copy the entire code text for  "IMG for bulletin boards & forums -> clickable thumbnail"

BTW - pasted code in the post is treated the same as in the sig line.... the forum code will try to interpret & display it.

Hope this helps.

I don't think I added the tag, Big Wheels, on my signature and I can't seem to find out how to delete it. Can you help?

Jim said:
I don't think I added the tag, Big Wheels, on my signature and I can't seem to find out how to delete it. Can you help?

That field is a humorous ranking field based on post counts and can not be removed.  More posts graduate user up the riding scale. Look at others rank titles to see the different ones.

S Smith said:
Simon...  does your tag line look like what you want now?  (the size is dictated by Photobucket's thumbnail size) The URL used was not correct.  View your profile to see what the code looks like now.  This is easily creatable by using getting the link from Photobucket's "share" button, click on the "Get Link Code tab" and then copy the entire code text for  "IMG for bulletin boards & forums -> clickable thumbnail"

BTW - pasted code in the post is treated the same as in the sig line.... the forum code will try to interpret & display it.

Hope this helps.

Steve:

Okay, now the map shows up. And I did nothing in the meantime (during my 6-week coffee break from the Forum:).

I'll read your suggestions again, Steve, when my brain's working a little better.

As always, thanks.

Simon

Shaft-Drive said:
S Smith said:

Hope this helps.

Steve:

Okay, now the map shows up. And I did nothing in the meantime (during my 6-week coffee break from the Forum:).

I'll read your suggestions again, Steve, when my brain's working a little better.

As always, thanks.

Simon

Simon - we fixed the typo in your sig line for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.