• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Slim Saddle Bag/Pannier Lids

bikergirl1400

Hi guys

I am wondering if anyone knows who bought this bike from HELIbars. I am after the set of slim lids if they're available. Corbin used to do a service where they'd cut your own down, but no longer do. I've looked everywhere for some, and the only ones available in the UK are from ex Police Scotland bikes, but you have to buy the bike from a separate seller who sells them. I don't need another bike as I have 2 already šŸ˜

It would be good to get these, or others if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316_024739_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_471830151610814.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_024739_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_471830151610814.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20230316_024353_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_471678268722816.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_024353_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_471678268722816.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Heli Horizon refers to the handlebars. Made by Helibars and horizon is the name of the particular handlebars. The company name came about because they heliarc weld their products. As for slim lids, I have not heard of them or want any. Good luck!

Heli Horizon refers to the handlebars. Made by Helibars and horizon is the name of the particular handlebars. The company name came about because they heliarc weld their products. As for slim lids, I have not heard of them or want any. Good luck!
I did email Helibars about the bike as they did own it, but they said they sold it with the slim lids quite a while ago. Just trying to track them down if possible.. I want slim lids for one of my bikes, as I do marshaling for UCI & British Cycling cycle races, and need to pass the riders when there's hardly any room.. The slim lids would make this easier. Other than that, it'd be a case of removing the bags, which I don't want to do.

I would look for some trashed stock bags so you could steal the hardware, then take some nice grained thin plywood and make your own slimline Woodie!

I read that before my first cup of coffee. Sorry for the lack of comprehension on my part. Sounds like you've got a good reason. I kinda like the woodie idea. Maybe use a lid for a mold to make one out of fiberglass? Do you know anyone with fiberglass skills? How about some sort of cool looking briefcase and then fab the mounts? That might be easier.

I read that before my first cup of coffee. Sorry for the lack of comprehension on my part. Sounds like you've got a good reason. I kinda like the woodie idea. Maybe use a lid for a mold to make one out of fiberglass? Do you know anyone with fiberglass skills? How about some sort of cool looking briefcase and then fab the mounts? That might be easier.
The fibreglass route maybe the way I have to go..

One guy actually mounted BMW 1200 slim police saddlebags on his and it looked ok.. I want to keep the Kawasaki look.

Image 2023-03-16 at 19.03.35.jpeg

Last edited:
That is one heck of a color scheme! The base white looks very cool as I would love a metallic pearl white like my 87 CBR600. The hi-vis green kind of looks like nuclear waste coming up the road.šŸ˜€
Both my bikes looked like that at one stage, but I got bored of it, so pealed it all off, plus it was a nightmare with drivers thinking it was a Police Bike....
:)

2016.jpeg2014.jpeg

What was it that you peeled off? Vinyl, spray vinyl or plastidip? What is your opinion of what you used?

Sure hope you find a solution. The factory bags are ginormous, so I usually have them off. I have a Shad topbox, but it's not the most attractive profile. Be nice to have a bit of storage without the uber wide bags on it. The ones you have pictured would be perfect and I feel would be very popular in this community. Keep us posted.

There is a guy named Peter in Belgium that makes a lot of parts for the ZRX in carbon fiber and fiberglass. He is very good. I don't know if he would be interested in making these for you or not, but it's right down his alley. The only way that I know how to get ahold of him is through the ZRXOA forums.

There is a guy named Peter in Belgium that makes a lot of parts for the ZRX in carbon fiber and fiberglass. He is very good. I don't know if he would be interested in making these for you or not, but it's right down his alley. The only way that I know how to get ahold of him is through the ZRXOA forums.
Oh thanks a lot.. I'm unable to go to that forum because the registration has been disabled by the administrator.

Judging where the hinges are in the pictures, it looks like they might have just been machined it off. You could then glue in an acrylic or plywood piece and paint it.