• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Some great riding today

Scary Harry

Fear is not boring. COG# 4090
Perfect weather. No wind, 72F...smoke from wildfires have cleared out.
Wish it were like this all year round.

Watching fly fishermen wading in the North Platte River as I lean into big sweepers hugging the river side.

I stopped at Wally Wurld to pick up a few items and was surrounded by other bikers admiring my C14. They are not used to seeing a bright green bike.
Taking the outer circle drive takes me along the base of Casper Mountain. Cage drivers strain their necks for a better look at what I'm riding.

Other passing bikers wave at me.

Just a nice day for a change. Made me feel good.

Perfect weather. No wind, 72F...smoke from wildfires have cleared out.
Wish it were like this all year round.

Watching fly fishermen wading in the North Platte River as I lean into big sweepers hugging the river side.

I stopped at Wally Wurld to pick up a few items and was surrounded by other bikers admiring my C14. They are not used to seeing a bright green bike.
Taking the outer circle drive takes me along the base of Casper Mountain. Cage drivers strain their necks for a better look at what I'm riding.

Other passing bikers wave at me.

Just a nice day for a change. Made me feel good.
See? I knew there would still be some great riding after the snow melted.
It was about this time of year back in the 80's (in a station wagon) we first laid eyes upon the Grand Tetons. It was one of life's critical moments for me. That night we watched Will Penny in a motel room in West Yellowstone - a movie that had similar scenery.
The west is best, no doubt.

Funny observation about vehicle colors, since it's mentioned. I drove my wife's Jeep up to Maryland. In Georgia, a bright green Jeep doesn't seem to be unusual. Green, blue, purple, yellow, whatever. In MD, I noticed both a lack of bright cars, and also got a number of "I wouldn't drive something in that color" comments.

I'm beginning to think that people in some areas are just more conservative about such things. A bright green C14 probably wouldn't even raise an eyebrow around Atlanta.

Sorry to hear about that snow stuff, sounds slippery. On the other hand, you apparently have some epic scenery there.