• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Someone For CONNIE To Dance With?

kern16

Street Cruiser
When U want something U know how it's pretty easy to come up with a way to justify the expense. For me having been a previous BMW RT owner (previous as I was made into a hood ornament for said truck that said he never saw me) anyway the cost to get into a CONNIE was about half of what a new RT was going to cost. Anyway so had a ltl extra $$$ left over and I"ve been looking for just the right bike to set along side her? Found it yesterday at Sloan's Cycle N Murfreesboro TN. A 2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer! I've been following these bikes for about two months now and I understand only 100 R making their way here. If you haven't seen these here's the one I purchased that was on the floor. Or check out the web site for a ltl info and much better pics! This will be my first GUZZI so I welcome any comments/suggestions from owners or previous owners.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1174/Motorcycle-Video/2011-Moto-Guzzi-Griso-8V-SE-Review-Video.aspx

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 181
OOPS my bad.......I guess this would fall under "Other Motorcycles" since my subject had CONNIE N it was my excuse for posting where I did?

Regards
Phillip

Phil,

Nice bike, Love the V7 Racers too. I've got a couple quick questions about your bike.
Is the tank plastic or metal? does it have 1 or 2 throttle bodies?

Thanks

Very cool. I liked the video review as well. Bike is quite heavy I think they said 560lbs. Doesn't look heavy. Please follow up with some more pictures and a ride report.

Morning Tim;
My specs show 401lbs so it's very light especially after coming off the Connie. That's just one of the things I LOVED about it most of my bikes are fairly heavy so this one will be "Very Flickable!"

Pat......
I will have to do this from memory as the bike is 600 miles away at the dealer having an aftermarket exhaust installed and bar end mirrors. The tank is metal (pretty sure on that one) and YES I believe twin throttle bodies but it's not a carb bike (FInjected) so maybe FI into twin tubes is what I saw? Will report on handling and pics once I go to pick it up..
Thx for asking. Here's the web site. Check out the craftsmanship..

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/en_US/prodotti/naked/v7_racer/v7_racer/default.aspx

You're going to have a blast on the curvy roads with that bike.  While the size/power isn't going to blow anyone away, for one-up riding it's going to be a lot of fun.  I had an old VX800 similar in size to yours and I had a ball.  Have fun with it!!!

Hey Pat here's the answer to your question just now had time to research it but I was pretty close?

Moto Guzzi have provided a mild makeover for the V7 for 2012, which is available in standard, Special and Racer versions. Guzzi claim the V7’s 745cc V-twin engine has been extensively updated, with more than 70% of its internal components being all-new, and twin intake manifolds and throttle bodies being replaced with a single Y manifold and single 38mm Magneti Marelli throttle body. This, according to the company, helps improve fuel economy and reduces CO2 emissions.

Phil,

I'm so glad to hear that you have a metal tank and not the plastic tanks that have had issues
with our ethanol gas. The single throttle body is also suppose to help with smoother running
and of course you don't have to balance the throttle bodies with only one.

I hope you enjoy your V7 racer and remember that Guzzi's love to rev !  :motonoises:

(I hope you enjoy your V7 racer and remember that Guzzi's love to rev !)

No I did not know that but THX for sharing! This is my first Guzzi so that's why I was hoping those N the know would share a ltl with me. Reliability with Guzzi's  seems to b STRONG! Could care less about not having 100HP. My 74 BMW R60/6 only has 42HP and it's FUN to ride so is my 1980 P200 Vespa and it ONLY has 14HP!

Regards
phillip

Nice looking ride.  I've been to several demo rides at Sloan's.  Nice people.  Nice assortment of bikes.  I really like the Stelvio adventure tourer Guzzi has. 

PICK-UP Date is the 29th from Sloan's if your N the area come by we'll be loading it up to bring back to South Alabama! Ride your Connie so I will recognize you?
regards
phillip

Phil said:
PICK-UP Date is the 29th from Sloan's if your N the area come by we'll be loading it up to bring back to South Alabama! Ride your Connie so I will recognize you?
regards
phillip

We might pass each other.  I'm riding down to the Gulf coast on Memorial Day.

I am officially jealous. I have been eyeing the Norge for quite some time and I really like the V7. The v-twin I really love cuz it makes sense.

You'll love it. My Bandit feels light after riding the Connie, and she is ~525. But 120 hp. Ride it like you stole it.

I think we have lost the feeling of riding bikes with moderate horsepower fast in an age where we ride high horsepower bikes moderately.

Sport Rider said:
It's good to see someone riding in flip flops.  I can't wait for summer to get here!  :D :D :D
They are not regular flip-flops, they are special "safety" flip-flops.
Never the less, I love old Guzzi's. I will add one to the fleet one day. I nearly bought a V7 Classic in the spring, I bought 4 used bikes instead. I don't think I would have been at all disappointed.