• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Something you don't see everyday: BSA triple

willyp

Iron Butt
E-Bay: 1968 BSA Rocket 3 750cc

$(KGrHqQOKj4E3LN48Up,BN2ZVp!)ng~~_12.JPG

norm-9688 said:
WOW, $11,400.00 and "reserve not met"  :-\

Yeah but it has a really cool drum brake on the front!!  Boy could those old Brits stop on a, a, a ..........football field!  :-[

norm-9688 said:
WOW, $11,400.00 and "reserve not met"  :-\

Which is about $10,000 more than I think it is worth. I rode one of these back in the day and it was slow, vibrated, handled poorly and the brakes were marginal to say the least. They carried on the same oil leaky, unreliable motorcycle engine that the 500's had that they derived this from.

This (and the Triumph 750 Trident) were quick throw-together motorcycles to try and compete with the Honda CB-750. There was absolutely no comparison.

The only redeeming factor of these was the great 3 cylinder exhaust note.

Dan

Which is why they are rare. I've seen quite a few Tridents but never seen a rocket 3 in person.

Well it's $1,000 for the bike and $10,000 for the nostalgia.

A set of 15th Century jousting armour won't stop a bullet... but it's valuable.  :D