• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring 2023 Concourier - Ed's Final Issue

red fox

I received the Concourier just last weekend - what a great issue it is. Full of riding stories with photos attached.
Hey, I've even seen a couple of the photo'd sights :)

Of note is editor Ed Palmer's personal note for his final issue and the well set plan for replacements.
It's a quality read and reflects well on all. THANK YOU, ED for all your work.

Cecil

I got my copy yesterday and read it cover-to-cover before turning out the lights. As Cecil said, another outstanding issue.
A big cheers and thank you to all the folks who contributed to the issue. A double helping to Ed, because I know from experience that each issue of The Concourier is largely published through the sheer will and stubbornness of the editor to plan, nag, remind, edit, nag some more, design and nurse those 40 pages to the printer. It’s to your credit that you kept the pace for six straight years, including the COVID lapse when all rides were cancelled. Talk about lemons to lemonade.
Ed called me out a bit in his parting column and made it sound like I had something to do with his success. It’s a gross exaggeration, but I’m glad he took my original advice, which was “to make the magazine his, change nothing or everything, and have fun with it. Otherwise, what’s the point?” And that’s what he did, and for the last six years I’ve personally enjoying working with him as a content contributor and I know I’m not alone in having enjoyed each and every issue.
Now, has Ed been perfect? Not hardly! Anyone who sets the bar this high has to be held accountable. Come on man, you couldn’t have choked up a bit? Maybe have phoned in the last couple issues? ….
Thanks for all your work Ed! Drinks on me at Canyonville (hoping you’re heading west!)

I don't know a thing about magazine editing but I'm sure it was a load of work.

A great big thanks to ED, he's leaving behind some big shoes to fill!

Reactions: Bud