• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spyder Riders?

flcerberus

Any other folks pick up a 3rd Wheel? Seriously liking my RT, Still have my Ninja 1000 for when I want to get my freak on, but looking forward to some trips on the Spyder.

I'm curious how you adapt. I actually aborted a training session when I realized the thing steers like a car yet has handlebars. I was worried it would mess with my reflexes when countersteering my motorcycle. My bud left the training session for the same reason. Hopefully that is just being overly cautious.

I have test rode one and have rode a friend's touring model a few times. I think they are fun. When 2 wheels isn't an option I would consider one.

Over on the MOA BMW blog I started a Thread asking : Trike or Can Am?
Interesting feed back.
On thing that came out of that thread is that there are alot of 3 wheeled vehicles out there. One that really caught my eye was a Can Am style Honda Goldwing, that thing looked awesome IMHO. Lotta $$$
Personally I could never see myself on a trike, too frumpy looking, but I see alot of them out on the road. People like the Can Am with a good seat on them. Hi Tech, very modern, reliable.
Nick
2014 C-14

Just talked to a friend today that gave up her 3rd Goldwing in favor of a Spyder. SHe said she had it out all weekend looking at leaves and getting used to "driving it" She likes it. In her early 60s she felt the Goldwing was challenging her strength.

I can't say because I don't own one but the Spyder seems like a snowmobile or 4 wheeler to me. Both of which I have ridden a bit. Just the way you sit down puts me in a different mindset from a bike.