• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Squeak rolling backwards

lather

After a ride in the rain, my 08 Concours is making a rotational squeak, coming from the rear wheel area, when I walk it backwards. It does not squeak walking forward nor does it squeak rolling the rear wheel in either direction on the center stand. I just installed a new tire and went for a test ride. No noise backing out of the garage and nothing unusual noticed during the 60 mile ride. I am thinking I tweaked the rear rotor changing the tire and it is the rear brake squeaking. As always after mounting my tire I cleaned and examined the wheel bearing and nothing unusual there. I am really baffled why it only squeaks rolling backward.
Any ideas?

I thought about it too and I can't come up with anything but the rotor also. But why only rearwards? Pads?

I installed new rear pads in May, 4000 miles or so ago. I noticed one of the pads was worn much more than the other. Don't remember which one. Cleaned up the piston as much as I could without disassembling.

I have heard that the linked brakes can cause uneven wear on the fronts, but possibly also rear pads. SOunds like dragging pads, not stock ones can be noisier, maybe does it when the wheel is loaded. Check the rotor mounting bolts or buttons if it is a floater.