• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Stalling on start up

RobMayhew

Big Wheel
New to the C10 bought a 2001 late summer. Late fall when it was cold it would start and stall right away. It would do this about 5 times then keep going with no issues. Love the bike, its a 20 yr upgrade from the KZ1000 (still kept it though), put it away for the winter, not too concerned but I was wondering if I should be looking at something come spring? Fuel issue? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Well one thought is the chock/enricher could be vibrating off when it starts. Do you see the little handle move after it starts? Can you hold it on and keep it going first shot? Another thought is air. Checked your air box and filter lately? I hear tale critters like to make homes in there sometimes or a bad dirty filter might cause this. Photos[/url]

Rob, My '04 w/ 85k miles has done the same thing since new. When it's real cold it takes a couple of tries before it catches and stays running. There may be something wrong with it but on mine it's not obvious and hasn't concerned me in a long time.