• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Still snowing in Utah Where is spring?

WFL

Hello everyone! I've been a member and lurking around since Aug of 2019. Have enjoyed all the threads over the past 8 months and have learned quite a lot about the C14 as well as the regular posters on the forum. I don't think i will ever be as active as "Uncle Vern"  but one never knows!

So I've got a 2017 purchased new in Nov of 2018 with -0- miles.  It went straight from a trailer into my garage as it snowed 10" the day after it arrived. I finally got to ride it in June of 2019. Since i had been on this site before I joined I had reviewed the threads about breaking new engines and i went with MOTOMAN'S METHOD, other wise seemly know as the "ride it like you stole it" method. I'm hoping this was not a huge mistake.

So far I've added a few babels from PROJECT D and i just ordered Pod-Perchs from Peter Linquist.

Next up is an ECU flash from Steve, however I do have a question about that which is......What effect, if any, does having the ECU flashed have on the factory warranty if there is a problem with the engine? Would it depend on what the problem was? eating a valve, broken crank, defective oil pump, etc.    Years ago I owned a Buick Grand National and had a "special" chip in it and when I had it serviced at the dealer under  the extended warranty i would simply put the factory chip back in the car.

By the way, I sure am sorry the National Rally had to be cancelled. I had made my reservation with the Heathman Lodge for 6/7 days and was really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks to Uncle Vern for asking if the mirrors were adjustable. Mine are so stiff I was afraid to try to move them thinking I would break them and i could not find any reference to them in the owners book

And yes, it snowed today. About 3 inches, with more forecast for tomorrow and the rest of the week. Spring comes late when you live at 7,000 feet. Best to all. 

Welcome to the group.'

Snowing right now where I live.  :(
This is what spring looks like at this lattitude.

And then, suddenly, it's summer.

doroga-razmetka-leto-zima-4631.jpg

Just stay on the right side and don't turn left........ :great:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!! :welcome:

Spring here, been kickin it in the pool since it was finished up two weeks ago.  :beerchug:

Grats on the bike and I hope it warms up enough for ya to come on down this way. :great:

p6TrNttb9uhX1GpPg55rotPc0csC3cTLNFKiG5dEDZ8sLQ2kxGis6z7dHh45iZCjP5m3N_iQgcfEU_9ZaNFwwJB75vgZbUIUHyeXmsQBShKDPLNQkMrd062TlIcohPSX4UcHQmJWDVP0MY1CvAOUfmQe3hF9wlGru_PeCJq6uM1_QsefVwfzeSGAibYpMfY4vL1bY6cpVCUZ6f6Mo3c9QM8usMedOinx8RMbNGIApVWkanTkXh-bTAxku7Me753AXJiDhpg1budkLD2L2l9zJdMAxVcHuzN8avPqa2B99IroOPykHqE-K1HHnq04rVE4cE3Xog_KU1XAzoY6v0yT9a1rJhjNTdTaQ5ION7tXsbmSYP3fWchFr6jgr-lqJLHUVLQIPH-KI0mfst5c4cVf1BmnLg-5FBSW_71AqjY5hYrXFJNDseA08YneDKYj0pua4S1eHEPZ5--kCZOPAUq-Ckw-Zl-ypGmB5vJIAloiuYoRh_0gfih4DK5dui6nbiN-JTHdyjmsjDvBIcjmUzJIEkPx7GORG3SqgbWZy0JMLkAgXYh35zJTVZ6OJUKYsw2-D8St2t9uhud41XoNgRgsh_z290_UNMi5hJMCzO39lrbmbrmlpgdhlKLd6dI6INKU9p64Ne5wOKcumgfrYWAMJUbdatLNx_z8xLakIMaTCj7pB2z_zwl4fcDaE1ohcw=w518-h690-no

Even at night. :great:

imB09zXPXE3umwbxIl0H4uSuL0wRpUK0sfWwh3DqTir2cM5-RXq_T9-14CnnBGgI-GfMzYve2jvITSxmS-XOVuvQSX_x1pqQv7Ln66twcun1_qJua_vWjW2BYv5kFSE0V5A3Ub_TGNnPvlPUMkpHxEIcsHhABNkoz5lU9lYUPxp1MsBNitHyXdwtPypyXN6LaZwzSEHMwF__ic_5hRxVB--h6He_JLvF_zno78PKPktdf-f6Kfezxw3zONwIOXG6FKYiG5-grSnyjgoDPknbzKkiFc4Yagj21M_TLaRxITaIeqom5QZEEnClf0G-AmTSG-R0na66D4piwEwnnVFIpD27YTrxcNAy_abgMo5iNynTmzvF746WimFfbL0JQx9t2lPk4_BDPG-EFEk5XD_B7qUiqdtFETxFkouOvKObkhE-1AEUGwRcXw_INXdZqV6tB6RVjl4iRctEZ28cBO5vvQmgLOUDdK5iWdi5VN6OrrO-dewDMXOvBmWHDB6c8gyuJ46mCDYsSnh9J9uO-DQcRQ5yfmZkqbZN0Lm32PG6HKK8AyHTbnAKm3PvTFgBWJWKLhJttjOeaYAwpw5y1oG6SIIUQnVxGQB5zixFht8Nxk-JjaoflaQMo_L5Y7p6iqEEemZicFJcoH22RrZPBkcQqjEGFcHK7tc04OnslHiefyhyuHGYk7hGqvApS11XJw=w518-h690-no

Welcome to the group.....im gonna help u out here ....we dont call the babels..... they are called 'FARKLES '.  Lol......

And if u want to ride more, move to the southeast.  Consevatively because of weather/cold ( less than 40 degrees) have had the opportunity to ride everyday this year, except 10 days....

...and yes we've been maintaining our 6ft social distancing. 

:welcome:  Welcome to the Southwest! I am your friendly Area Director and look forward to meeting you sometime this year!  Terry Defreese is the AAD for Utah and is great source for information. I always look forward to riding in your area! In the meantime I hope Spring appears soon for you so you can get out and ride.

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Welcome to the group! Spring is here in WA! :)  Just wish I had my ride back, still in maintenance mode with last item on list for valves!

And yea, love that pic post from kv5e! We actually have areas like that in the pass where one side still has snow banks in the shade, but the other side is melted and sunny!  :))

WFL said:
...And yes, it snowed today. About 3 inches, with more forecast for tomorrow and the rest of the week. Spring comes late when you live at 7,000 feet. Best to all.

I just reread your post. You live at 7,000 feet? Isn't that about the tree line?
You must not get many visitors. I'm just over 5,000 and visitors from sea level usually pass out without an oxygen tank for survival.

It finally stopped snowing here in Casper.
Hope to cross paths with you someday.

HI HARRY! Sorry to get back to you so late but i was working on some office work that took much longer to complete than I thought, as usual. Actually the tree line around here is about 9,000 feet. I believe that is due to the fact I'm in what is called northern Utah and we get a fair amount of water either though rain or snow. Unlike WY where nothing seems to grow except tumble weeds [at least as far as i can tell from many trips on I-80]  :)  I must admit I have never gotten a ticket in WY and on I-80 I'm pretty sure there is no speed limit or at least one one pays attention to it if there is one. Having a Valentine radar detector in the car may help.

I was going to contact you a few weeks ago before the National Rally was cancelled to see if you were going. I was thinking if you were going I might head your way or met you somewhere and tag along as i've not done a lot of long distance riding on my C14. Hundreds of thousands of  miles by  auto, but mostly local by MCs. 

You aren't too far away from me so maybe this summer I can ride up and buy you a cup of coffee. Henry