• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Suggestions for video camera mount (s) for the C14?

Viper

I currently have a "Drift HD" video camera. I am planning to use it this summer. Right now I have RAM ball mount parts that will allow mounting to the bars. Also have a strong suction type mount for the outside of the windshield. Not that happy with either so far. Suggestions?

Chin mount on helmet has worked pretty well for me so far. With stabilization turned on it really smooths out the video and provides a rider point of view…

Chin mount on helmet has worked pretty well for me so far. With stabilization turned on it really smooths out the video and provides a rider point of view…
Thanks for the reply. The chin mounts that I have viewed , say on youtube, look to me to be very heavy on the helmet. Is this wrong? Also, I am curious that in some STATES , in the USA, helmet mounted cameras might be illegal? Please enlighten me.

Thanks for the reply. The chin mounts that I have viewed , say on youtube, look to me to be very heavy on the helmet. Is this wrong? Also, I am curious that in some STATES , in the USA, helmet mounted cameras might be illegal? Please enlighten me.

As for the law, I'm not aware of any States that restrict chin mounts but you raise a good point. Here in TX we don't deal with that malarkey.

I noticed that without the camera there's zero difference in how the helmet rides on my head. Depending on the weight of the camera you pick to install it can pull down slightly on your face, changing the viewing angle. Everyone's head fits differently in their helmet, so this is a personal choice thing. I noticed that with my i90 the chin mounted GoPro Hero 8 weighed a bit and pulled the helmet down a few centimeters, but it wasn't anything I couldn't compensate for easily. With my Shoei I have a bit more wiggle room inside so will need to wear a liner inside to take out the slack so the helmet doesn't ride down too much.

There are also chest mounts to consider. I've tried mine but with a tank bag it was constantly causing the video image to get wonky every time I leaned over in a curve. Sub-optimal if you're using a tank bag or ride really forward on the machine.

A buddy has canyon cages that he mounts his GoPro on, which puts the image fairly close to the ground and limits the image to only one side of the road and machine. I think we're all trying to figure out how to mount one inside the windshield without obstructing our visibility or getting too much vibration from the dampening action.

+Following this conversation amigo! Valuable discussion here!

I have used a cheap Amazon cam mounted to my crash bar . It was ok. When I watch others videos I prefer those that have it mounted to the helmet.

I have been using a SENA 10C EVO for comms, music, GPS and video. It does 4K at 30FPS or
  • 2160p: 30fps (Ultra HD)
  • 1440p: 30fps (Quad HD)
  • 1080p: 60fps (Full HD)
  • 1080p: 30fps (Full HD)
Also, have a HaloCam installed to act as a dash cam both front and back cameras which turns on when the bike starts. It gives a nice road view of the ride and unlike the SENA which will record for about 90 minutes total, the HaloCam will record a long time with a 128GB MicroSD card installed. The HaloCam is not sold anymore but there are many others made for bikes out there that should work just as well if not better. I have the front lens mounted up under the fairing to the clutch side to clear the fender and the rear lens is tucked under the plate that holds my top trunk.
1651346194002.png