• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Super Duke GT???

Clogan

Crotch Rocket
Newest "sport tourer of the year" has got me curious. It's getting good reviews, afaik. Pretty spendy, at 20 g's. Probably not as comfy as a C14, but sportier, faster, quicker.

Anybody try one yet?

Well, I did it: traded the C-14 for a 2016 demo model KTM Superduke GT.
WOW!
More horsepower, and 170 lbs lighter. Not nearly as smooth as th C14, but is much easier to ride on curvy roads around here. Won't be as easy to rack up the interstate miles, but the less traveled roads are more fun anyhow. Cruise, heated grips, quickshifter, self cancelling turn signals, steering stabilizer, 3 power settings, 3 suspension settings.
Lots of fun so far. Now Ive gotta change my signature.

CW said:
Well, I did it: traded the C-14 for a 2016 demo model KTM Superduke GT.
WOW!
More horsepower, and 170 lbs lighter. Not nearly as smooth as th C14, but is much easier to ride on curvy roads around here. Won't be as easy to rack up the interstate miles, but the less traveled roads are more fun anyhow. Cruise, heated grips, quickshifter, self cancelling turn signals, steering stabilizer, 3 power settings, 3 suspension settings.
Lots of fun so far. Now Ive gotta change my signature.

Madstadd make a windshield set up for that bike. I've heard of a fair bit of buffeting, but with their setup it's supposed to be much better. Of course, it's ugly as sin, but then again as much as I love the SD-GT, the front of that bike is...bleh. (Side and rear looks great, though.)

One day I plan to get one, but probably not until the 19+s with TFT dash etc.  ;D

CW said:
Newest "sport tourer of the year" has got me curious. It's getting good reviews, afaik. Pretty spendy, at 20 g's. Probably not as comfy as a C14, but sportier, faster, quicker.

Anybody try one yet?

Hi,
      $20,000, seems to be the new "norm" for upper class bikes! (Thinking of a BMW, I like!)

That is why the C14 is such a bargain at $15500,(new) or even less, barely used!!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1487130112324.jpg
    FB_IMG_1487130112324.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 122
You know SG1; BMW dealerships do offer test rides, even on the S1000R. Have you ever stopped by, swung a leg over and asked for the keys?

All this talk of new bikes has got me looking again.

Like many of us (i'm sure) I never stop looking for my next ride.
Personally, I think 3 Ponies in the stable, is the PERFECT number!
Under that Rationale, I have one more to buy to reach parity.  :)

As much as I'm not an offroad / ADV guy, I'm intrigued by the latest versions of bikes that
are being offered by the big manufacturers.
Sparing hyperbole on my personal faves....I think this is going to be my next bike, providing it
actually ARRIVES on U.S. shores in the next few years.

I think the ONLY thing that doesn't appeal to me about this bike, is the Chain Driven final drive.
Other than that, this bike has ALL of the Tech accoutrements that I am looking for in my next scoot.

Keep us posted on how that KTM works out for you!!  Nice choice.  :great:

gr

Attachments

• KTM 1290s.jpg
    KTM 1290s.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 130
  • KTM1290sii.jpg
    KTM1290sii.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 116
ghostrider990 said:
Like many of us (i'm sure) I never stop looking for my next ride.
Personally, I think 3 Ponies in the stable, is the PERFECT number!

MBS... Multiple Bike Syndrom

Yep, I have it too, and it's contagious, just ask Gumby...  ;D  :truce:  >:D

So far, after 1,300 miles, I really like this KTM. Biggest factor is that the KTM is 170 or so pounds lighter than my C-14. Also with a shorter wheelbase, it is much, much easier for this old geezer to ride. Even after 40,000 miles on the C14, the Connie still gave me pause/panic at east once almost every time I rode it...especially in curves. It had simply become ponderous on curvy roads. The KTM has been much easier on that account. So far, I have yet to come anywhere close to a panic point, no matter how spirited my riding. The biggest thing is the weight.

Grats CW!  :motonoises:

How about showing us some pics of the new ride!  :popcorn:

:TPIWWP:

ZG said:

Spoken like a TRUE photo-whore ZG!!  :beerchug:

I kid.

I think we ALL live vicariously through your 3BS addiction!  :great:

gr

CW said:
So far, after 1,300 miles, I really like this KTM. Biggest factor is that the KTM is 170 or so pounds lighter than my C-14. Also with a shorter wheelbase, it is much, much easier for this old geezer to ride. Even after 40,000 miles on the C14, the Connie still gave me pause/panic at east once almost every time I rode it...especially in curves. It had simply become ponderous on curvy roads. The KTM has been much easier on that account. So far, I have yet to come anywhere close to a panic point, no matter how spirited my riding. The biggest thing is the weight.

Congrats on the Super Duke GT.  I made the mistake of test riding both the Super Duke GT and the Super Adventure, and I found both to be exceptional bikes.  I liked the Super Adventure more, mostly due to seating position and ride comfort.  Without curvy roads in Flo-ri-DUH, the agility of the Super Duke went pretty much unchecked, but the added power and lower weight made a huge difference in both.  There's not much left to do to either of these bikes, because they've got all the goodies already installed.  The Super Adventure is likely my next bike... but the separation anxiety of losing my C-10 seems overbearing.

Enjoy the new ride!!  It's a beautiful bike.

ghostrider990 said:
ZG said:

Spoken like a TRUE photo-whore ZG!!  :beerchug:

I kid.

I think we ALL live vicariously through your 3BS addiction!  :great:

gr

:)) :)) :))        ;D :great:

Getting ready to head to Suches. 34° out, Brrr. Glad for heated gear!

Attachments

• IMG_20171111_093713324_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171111_093713324_HDR.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 132