• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SWAD and the future of the SW area

OMoaC

This isn't a ride or trip but it is an event. Hopefully the mod will cut us some slack. I hope that you have all seen the announcement from Ken Ford about the SWAD position. Well........I'm the huckleberry. Huge props go out to Will Barr for stepping into a position that no one else would and doing the best he could. I hope to build on that foundation. You didn't vote for me but I'll still do my best. We have 2 events on the calendar so far for 2013: The Red Rock'n Rally in Cedar City UT Regional Rally in June and the Oatman ride in April. This is so far. We also have a planning thread for travel up and down for the 2013 National and a voting thread for a 2014 regional. The forum and email is my preferred method of communication although I understand it is not for everyone. As we move forward we will be sending out a SW newsletter and of course the Concourier. I will make a handshake deal with all of you now. If you want to put it on I will do my best to get it promoted and on the calendar. All I ask is that everyone support and participate in what happens in this area because these events are put on for you, the members of this great club. And without your support there won't be regionals, rides, RTE's, wrench sessions etc. So get out there and play with your fellow members. Please do not hesitate to PM or email me with Suggestions, Issues, Problems etc. I look forward to working with all of the SW area and building this into what it should be. The finest motorcycling area in the US. Let's Dance!

Very cool, congrats.  Now it's time to get to work.  Sometimes it's better to build from the ground up rather than do an extensive remodel.

Bert

Mark it if it wasn't for you there would be no activity in the SW. It's a extremely big area and it will take someone with a lot of Gumption to get anything to stick here. Thanks

Thanks for your support folks. Some good things are happening here with all of your help. Again, without you the members we wouldn't have any of this. Let us know what you want and by God we'll do our best to provide. :beerchug:

I got an e-mail on the 21st detailing the SWAD and encouraging contact, etc.

There was no name given or link to contact. I see your name is Mark but it would be nice to have had something in the e-mail to tell who it was from and an easy link (or e-mail address) in order to contact.

Dan

Bergmen said:

There was no name given or link to contact. I see your name is Mark but it would be nice to have had something in the e-mail to tell who it was from and an easy link (or e-mail address) in order to contact.

Dan
PM sent Dan. I mistakenly sent this email blast out under the membership email instead of the SWAD email. Still negotiating the learning curve. Anyone here can PM me or send email to the SWAD link in the membership area (or here) and I'll get back to you promptly.
Mark
COG/SWAD

Old Man on a Connie said:
Bergmen said:

Dan
PM sent Dan. I mistakenly sent this email blast out under the membership email instead of the SWAD email. Still negotiating the learning curve. Anyone here can PM me or send email to the SWAD link in the membership area (or here) and I'll get back to you promptly.
Mark
COG/SWAD

Thanks, Mark, got your PM. I understand about these things, happens to me all the time.

At work I'll describe a situation and have everybody check the attached file to see what I'm talking about (forgetting to attach the bleepin' file). Nine responses later I get with the program and finally send it out.

It's all good...

Dan