• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ted’s Restaurant [CT] Meet & Greet Nov. 18

johnnylunchbox

NE AAD Hudson Valley
https://youtu.be/i8YouisYQtE
Meet and Greet at Ted's Restaurant. Come to socialize, and enjoy a truly unique Connecticut original - the steamed Hamburger.  Thanks to Tom Kerrigan for suggesting this location.

The original Ted's in Meriden has very limited seating, so if the attendance is strong, we will move the event to the Cromwell location.  We will meet at one of two locations in CT.

Location will determined November 16. number.  Attendees will be notified via email, once the location is confirmed.

NOTE:  Attendess must be registered in order to receive email notification of the event location.

The two locations are as follows:

Ted's Restaurant

Address:  1046 Broad Street, Meriden, CT 06450

Phone: (203) 237-6660

OR

Ted's Restaurant

Address:  43 Berlin Road, Cromwell, CT 06416

Phone: (860) 635-8337

Info about Ted's taken from their website:

The restaurant has been family owned and operated since its inception. When Ted passed away, the restaurant was passed down to his son Paul. Over the years, Paul made very subtle changes to the cheeseburger. He began using twice ground meat so the burger held its size through the cooking process and a type of cheddar that held together when steamed. Paul also helped to develop the steam box and trays still used today. He then passed the restaurant on to his nephew Bill Foreman in March of 2008. Since Bill took the restaurant over, it has been his desire to open additional locations.
Ted’s offers a unique product in the quick-food service industry. It is the only known restaurant in the U.S. that exclusively sells steamed cheeseburgers. Steaming a burger made with fresh, never-frozen meat is a unique process allowing the best possible flavor for the burger. Added to that is our special cheddar cheese that is also steamed, and then scooped on top of the burger enveloping the sandwich to create a unique look and taste. Adding to the flavor is each customers unique preference for toppings. Each sandwich is made separately to order.
We offer a unique version of the standard fast-food cheeseburger for a fair price. We pride ourselves on a family friendly atmosphere to customer’s, employees and the community. The customer always comes first in every aspect of our business, realizing they are the ones who keep our business running.

I will check(ed) my calendar later today. Hopefully we can make it.
The cheeseburgers are different, if you never had a steamed cheeseburger you have to at least try one in your lifetime.

We would have loved to catch up with the gang and grab a burger but we will be out of town next week-end. Enjoy. :103:

I never had a steamed burger before. It's a pretty good ride just for a burger. OK, instead I could think of it as see friends and having a burger because you have to eat something.  :))  I'll have to see what we have going on that day.

My “ride” might be in a cage depending on the weather.  CapnBob is right.  Come have a hamburger and socialize.  There is no pressure to be on two wheels.

I would love to join you good people for a burger but work is overwhelming right now. Hope to make it to Javits Center in December

OK, I just registered us for this bash. There is a slight chance I may have to cancel, but so far it looks pretty much like a burger in my future.  :103:  It will be nice to see folks. I haven't see Tom in a while. Just another incentive for me.  :great:

I think ya'll should all go.
The way I figure it, "ANYTHING" related to a "Ted" must be "great".
{Don't ask me why I think that}.  :-[

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I think ya'll should all go.
The way I figure it, "ANYTHING" related to a "Ted" must be "great".
{Don't ask me why I think that}.  :-[

Ride safe, Ted

Come on up Ted. If you will make that trip, I'll buy your lunch. I probably haven't seen you since the Vermont National anyway.  :beerchug:

Wow, what a deal!

But, I'm Gonna do a little relaxin'.
ie: I'm gonna go kill somethin'..

{I'm goin' deer huntin'}.

Ride safe, Ted

Ok.  Given the number of registrants, I think we'll be fine at the original restaurant at the Meriden location.

Ted's Restaurant
1046 Broad Street
Meriden, CT 06450

See you all there!

OK, unless something bad happens tonight or early AM, we should be there. I guess we'll see y'all there. Of course I don't even know the time yet. I better pop onto the event page and find out now.  :-[

Thanks for showing up!  For a dreary November day I think 7 people is a great turn-out.  The burger was good, the fries were good, the company was good.  I already know what I want to order for next time. 

2%20GROUP%20PHOTO-XL.jpg

i-XN3jfDF-XL.jpg

i-DnXGVhM-XL.jpg

i-drqbq7c-XL.jpg

i-cj2GPff-XL.jpg

Wow, looks good. Sorry we had to miss this event but we had to get the in laws on a plane heading south.
Hope to check out Ted's sometime in the future. Thanks for the pictures and arranging this event for everyone.

Well, Cindy and I had a good time. Although that 35 degrees and clouds, followed by the rain on the way home could have put a damper on it. Thanks to Tom for suggesting Ted's. By the way, where we're you Tom?  :))

Anyway thanks to Steve & Sue for all the hard work putting this together. Places like this have so much character that it's almost impossible to enjoy the experience. Add the good food to make it even better. My first streamed burger, the "A1 Burger", was pretty tasty. Of course we didn't need the fries to go with it, but they were good.
  And of course the COG family that is by far the main reason for us to come. There wasn't a whole lot of folks so I'll say it was nice to also see Bob & Harriet, and of course Karl. Not a huge crowd but not to bad considering the time of year and weather. 

Wish I was feeling better to have joined you folks. I'll speak with Steve & Sue about arranging another meet & greet @ Ted's next riding season.