• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tellico Plains (TN) RTE - Date Changed to Sept 29!!

Tom NWGA

Ya'll come. New bakery in town has great reviews. And, oh, by the way, the Cherohala Skyway is in the backyard....

DATE CHANGED TO SEPTEMBER 29TH                                                                DATE CHANGED TO SEPTEMBER 29TH                                                              DATE CHANGED TO SEPTEMBER 29TH

Register using this link: https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=253297&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018-09-13%27%7D

Definitely have the date set for Saturday, Sept 22. Not sure why Fearless Leader thought it was Labor Day weekend....  :)

Oh man, I wish I could go.  Jorge and I are committed to other activities here back at home.  Maybe next time. :(

Irene

i just signed up, i have to remember as i travel east i lose an hour. what time will i need to be there for lunch? Glenn

Date change throws me a curve. Have a hospital go live that weekend and I'm already missing a NASCAR event in Charlotte. Poop, and I just got my final final drive all together.

Have fun y'all,
Mike

Changed the family calendar to reflect the 29th. Might even bring the boss along.

Bugnut said:
Date change throws me a curve. Have a hospital go live that weekend and I'm already missing a NASCAR event in Charlotte. Poop, and I just got my final final drive all together.

Have fun y'all,
Mike

Oh crap, and I was so hoping to see the Gnome make an appearance...

Original date was conflict due to football. New date is wedding. She may let me miss football but I’m guessing I should be at the wedding. I’m the groom and my not be a good way to start if I ride that day.

Ya’ll have fun!!

TNConnieRider said:
Original date was conflict due to football. New date is wedding. She may let me miss football but I’m guessing I should be at the wedding. I’m the groom and my not be a good way to start if I ride that day.

Ya’ll have fun!!

You are a smart man. Keeping the woman happy does one wonders...

Sorry to hear that Ken. Next time, for sure.

Come one, come all! Just be sure and register, please!!  :)

The time is right upon us. Register today so I can get a head count. See you at 11 on Saturday! Thanks

Tom and Ron, which way are you going to Tellico Plains?

I plan on leaving TWoS at 9am heading up Hwy 60, if you two want to meet me there we can ride up together.  I may have a couple of Guzzis tagging along too.  Make it a convoy  ;D

If you want to go your own way I won't hold it against you  :nananana:

A convoy or a gaggle of geese??  :rotflmao:

I may be meeting up with Strum from Blairsville. We could rendevouz at TWoS for a stretch and a biscuit and head on up if you want about 8:30.  He might catch up with us in Morganton at the 515 crossing if he doesn't want to come over to TWS. He's done that before. There's a station right there on the right @ 515.

Tom's in San Antonio, partying on the Riverwalk, but he'll check in sooner (or later)... :rotflmao:

ron203 said:
A convoy or a gaggle of geese??  :rotflmao:

I may be meeting up with Strum from Blairsville. We could rendevouz at TWoS for a stretch and a biscuit and head on up if you want about 8:30.  He might catch up with us in Morganton at the 515 crossing if he doesn't want to come over to TWS. He's done that before. There's a station right there on the right @ 515.

Tom's in San Antonio, partying on the Riverwalk, but he'll check in sooner (or later)... :rotflmao:

Meeting him in Morganton sounds like a plan.  I think if we left TWoS at 9am that would give us plenty of time to get to Tellico by 11am

Just heard from him. I think we'll meet up in Suches about 8:30. Maybe grab a biscuit and coffee. I'm trying to pick up one more guy in Dahlonega. For some strange reason he's doing a weird thing at the moment called "Work."  :eek:

Sounds like a cap and trade scheme. You know, "cap your riding and trade your time for $$?"

I think Stan's on to something here. Especially after getting grief for supporting Guzzi rider(s) in their retirement by doing this thing called Work.
Aaand the party continues after this brief pause.....

Great. Some of us (me, Jerry H., Strum, ?) are meeting at TwS @8:30 on Saturday for a quick stretch/coffee and onward! I'll try to give you a call later.

Good to see 6 of us show up today. Great day for riding if a bit foggy and chilly at the start. And tapping the keg was worth the wait.

Indeed! We hit the Monroe County (NC) line and .... blue sky!  Beautiful ride over the Cherohala and back. Thanks for organizing this one Tom! Great place.

Ron

What brownie?  :-X

...and that carrot cake with icing thing on (my) table sure looked good, too..  :-X :-X

See yall dont know how to do it .. i took my wife a brownie  well half anyway,  its called brownie points :)

42829164_10217932240965584_6852568081080778752_n.jpg