• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The Big One

Cool Bike(s).

I doubt all of those 4 versions will be available to the US Market, but I like where Honda went with that.  :great:

It's really past time that Honda made some serious new entries for the US market.  They've been gonzo since 2008.

gr

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I have to laugh a bit, it only took Hondo 12 years, to chase and make a bike to "step up" to the level that the C14 introduced in '07...
with half the plastic, but still a heavy weight, small tank, conventional (i.e. tube not inverted) forks.. and less h.p.

It's a nice looking machine, but man, they didn't really excell in the "design" mode...
It's a great way to sell Ohlins suspensions tho...  :great: :great:

LIKE  my cb1100. an ecu reflash releases a LOT of power. typical honda BS there, but its a pretty bike for sure.

It's a pretty bike, and probably good quality as a Honda.
Performace-wise, it's undewhelming...
1300 cc, 109 HP, 97 Lb-Ft torque... sounds like a a C10 with these numbers. In fact, it's right where a C10 was performance-wise.

I know... it's not just about the numbers, and you're right  :truce:

an ecu reflash is under 400 bucks for a cb and changes its power dramatically.  that bike, and my cb1100 is marketed to old farts reminiscing. I know, i bought one. lol. 

That's interesting.  I was interested in the CB 1100 til I found out how slow it was.  Any dyno testing been done?

it has, but im not sure where the posting is. i do know that after reflashed you can hit 135 on them. the stock speed limiter (lame) cuts in at 112, which, even with 1 tooth smaller on the ft sprocket, kicks in at the top of 3rd gear. on a 6 speed. this had to do with jdm rules and they never released a us specific ecm for them.  ::)

I love my 1100, and i do typically like to ride fast. but make no doubt off the line acceleration is very very good even stock, but regerared down 1 tooth on the ft. 

i was going to get a z900, but, i just didn't like the looks as much and wasn't going to pay 12k for it. just didn't speak to me enough to justify it. I paid 6400 for a holdover 2014 new with 0 miles about 1 year ago. 

MAN OF BLUES said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I have to laugh a bit, it only took Hondo 12 years, to chase and make a bike to "step up" to the level that the C14 introduced in '07...
with half the plastic, but still a heavy weight, small tank, conventional (i.e. tube not inverted) forks.. and less h.p.

It's a nice looking machine, but man, they didn't really excell in the "design" mode...
It's a great way to sell Ohlins suspensions tho...  :great: :great:

+1