• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

the LA fuzz compares a Conc14, RT, ST13, & 2 Hardleys

Paulie

the LA fuzz compares a Conc14, RT, ST13, & 2 Hardleys

They do it BIG TIME & go into teeny tiny mini micro details. It's ~70 pgs of purdy interesting stuff. Sheck it out at http://www.lasdhq.org/sites/motorcycle-test/2011.pdf

LA fuzz? Your showing your age Paulie!  ???

Anyway, I looked over pretty much all of it. But didn't read every single bit of info. But after reading this, it looks to me the the BMW scored as good or better than the other bikes in almost every category. Obviously, it didn't win in the power department. It did OK, but fell short on the speed to 100mph.
To me it looked like the RT looks to be the better motorcycle for police work, with the C14 coming in second. But I don't remembering it telling how much maintenance costs compared between the bikes though.

The ST did quite well in a few areas, and right behind the BMW in the rest.  My own quick tally not including the mechanical section at the end. OF 11 categories BMW wins 7, ST wins 3, C14 wins 1, HD wins 0 with both entries.

If it were me, I'd ordering the department ST's. Assumes they are ordering many. Cus for the same money I could get 2-3 more of them for the same total costs as a few less BMW's.