• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Their baaaack

Tundra

Florida Love bugs...
Forgot to mention from our last "Cove Ride" not thick and heavy yet, but they were out. This cold front arriving tomorrow through the next week may keep them at bay a bit longer. I haven't seen the semi trucks with them plastered all over them yet, but it's coming. My bike will lay low until they pass. Time for a few mods and some maintenance. :(

Tundra said:
Florida Love bugs...
Forgot to mention from our last "Cove Ride" not thick and heavy yet, but they were out. This cold front arriving tomorrow through the next week may keep them at bay a bit longer. I haven't seen the semi trucks with them plastered all over them yet, but it's coming. My bike will lay low until they pass. Time for a few mods and some maintenance. :(

they are just
"badges or courage"...

we actually play "bug splat" on rides, pay a $, get a "dot", or many $$ and many "dots"... go on a ride, come back, and the winner gets the $$ :)) :)) :)) :))

Yeah seriously, I left work the other night and headed South on 275 around sundown and they were so bad it sounded like rain hitting my helmet.

If you have never ridden in a full on love-bug attack you have no idea of what it can be like. They don't smack your helmet like a June bug but you wouldn't be able to count the individual hits. They can black out a shield in seconds.

Wash them off as soon as possible because their guts can damage paint. The car washes charge extra during love-bug season.

Makes for a good high protein snack on those long rides  :))

They've been found heeya for a few days.  Nice of them to show up for bike week,
Put some bug fur on those shiney bikes!  ;D

COGnosticator said:
I heard they taste like chicken  :D
Popcorn chicken sliders! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  The juice just makes them slide right down!! :rotflmao:  And good for you too! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

So far no love bugs here in Jacksonville.  But I was introduced to them when I was caging it down to Orlando to pick Jorge up from the airport.  I had no idea what was getting plastered on the windshield.  Jorge told me what it was and we immediately washed the car when we got home.  I so hate them!

Irene

Tundra said:
Florida Love bugs...

Ah yesm grew up in FL and escaped 30+ yrs ago. Awesome state to live in, but did not like the love-bug season.

Bud said:
COGnosticator said:
I heard they taste like chicken  :D
Popcorn chicken sliders! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  The juice just makes them slide right down!! :rotflmao:  And good for you too! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JUICE?  Love bugs are .00000003% moisture, and that moisture is industrial strength acid and Cyanoacrylates !!  :D

.... and they don't taste like chicken.  :-[

:beerchug: