• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tipped Over While Moving Off Center Stand

EyeOnTheSky

Tricycle
I posted this in the old forum, but I'll re-post here for my CDA number. I tipped over my Connie on her right side when I tried to moved her off the center stand. No damage done, thank God! A little bit of coolant leaked out, but that's about it. I got her upright in about 10 seconds, probably because of the anger I felt at the moment. Someone suggested that I remain seated when I move it off the center stand next time, but I don't think I'll put it on the center stand anymore. I ordered a Baxley LA Chock that you can check out here I'll proudly display my CDA number now.

Dave, CDA0276. Welcome to the CDA club! That's a C10 correct? I agree with the recommendations of sitting on the bike when getting it off the center stand. I rock it forward and then use the front brake to slow my decent. Congrats on getting it back up; she's heavy for sure. Check your foot peg bracket very carefully. The ones that don't bust off usually end up with a hairline fracture that will likely result in it busting off at the worst of times. One of these days I am thinking of intentionally putting her down on a secure carpet and then practicing getting her back up. Could be a good exercise for a COG rally too. I'll have to take a look at the Chock - maybe I could use one. Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250