• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire Changer

I've been using the Harbor freight tire machine with a Nomar bar.  A great set up for not a lot of money. I don't remember what the little balancing tool is though!

I've been using a Mark Parnes balance kit for many years and have found it to be a high quality unit.  Think it's available through Riders Warehouse now.

TIre Change photo gallery --> http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/tirechange

I've been using the Harbor Freight changer, MoJo bar, and Marc Parnes balancer for many years with good results. However, I think Harbor Freight has discontinued this item. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the Cycle Hill or No Mar changer instead. It cost more, but you don't have to make modifications to it like you do the Harbor Freight stand.

I guess it also depends on how many times a year you change tires. I use mine a lot, so the investment for a better stand would be worth it. But if all you are going to change is one or two sets a year, then I'd probably look for a leftover Harbor Freight stand.

I have been using Nomar's tire changer for years. At World Super bike they again had a display setup at Miller's. New stuff, upgrades and just great owner's support. Nice folks...

:beerchug:

Thank you very much!!

Think i will go with the No Mar. Harbor F was found on eBay with motorcycle mod but i like the no mar roll on base. I would like to get off these OEM tires. With 4K with 4 to go and i feel like i am fighting the bike on turns and my buddy just had his plastic damaged at the only dealer i trusted in the area.