• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire sizes for Meanstreak wheel

I am currently running a 170/60. I had run a 160/70 but went to the larger size so my chicken strips were even front and rear. The 170/60 is a shorter tire than stock and will make the centerstand a little more difficult to use. The rpms are a little higher as well. The 160/70 is taller than stock. It will lower your rpms and will be easier to put up on the centerstand.

The PR4GT is only available in the 160/70  170/60 size. Not sure if other models are available in both of the sizes Pbfoot correctly mentioned.

Bob, it's the other size that the PR4GT is available in...170/60ZR17...the standard PR4 is available in a 160/60ZR17...as is the PR3...I just checked the new Michelin lineup for '17...still no taller series tires...I wish they would...as, some of the other brands do...

I'm currently running a 180/55, but I have 7/8" lopped off my centerstand to remove interference. Normally run a 170/60, but picked this tire up out west when the tread got a bit thin on a long haul.

Having the option to run a 180/55 is nice to have if you find yourself miles from home and need new rubber. It is a tad pinched, but IIRC is on the lower end of the rim width range for this size. But the 180 looks 'normal' on the back.

Thanks for the replies. I will be going with the 160/70/17 rear and the 120/70/17 front when the new front wheel arrives next week.
Looking at the Metzler Z6's as the new tire combo. My bike has a Norm Sourcy lowering rocker so it may be too low after I get the 17" wheels on there.  I have a stock rocker coming just in case I need to jack it back up. Been a while since I tackled a major project so I am pretty excited. I even have a local powder coating place that will do the wheels for $40 each. Dark Charcoal is the choice right now. WooHoo !!! Let the tinkering begin.