• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Too many miles?

Today, I will test ride a 2000 Concours with 67K miles.....I was looking for some advice fromt the experts about the bike, since I know nothing about them. Any specific items to look at/for before purchasing? Thanks for your help!

My 99 has 60,000 miles and has never ever given me a problem. Bought mine new and aside for self inflicted mistakes, it has been stone reliable. So long as it has been well maintained, I see no issues. All i need to do is put it back together after accident. Anyone got fairing parts cheap?

Lots of good reading in the FAQs, including what to look for: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=17619 Dave Muir 1980 LTD1000 - Rocket 1999 Concours - Rocket II 1997 Dyna - wife's CT-COG #3649

Mine is an 04 with almost 60k. From what I see round the club I would say that if the bike is and was cared for then it may only be about 1/4 used up. 200k is not uncommon with good care and a few part swaps. Photos[/url]

Thanks for all the info, folks! I am now the proud new owner of a 2000 Connie! She rides like a Cadillac compared to my '96 Honda Shadow VLX 600. Once I get use to the new riding position, I think we're going to enjoy each others' company quite a bit!

Congrats. And I agree if properly maintained, 67K is nothing. While there are some over 200K as mentioned, there are many many Connies out there well over 100K. This is quite common. 2003 Concours, 57K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg