• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Took a little ride down Memory Lane last weekend

IIICON

So for the 3rd year in a row, I took a spin on Connie, along with a friend on his 850 Beemer.
We went to "Triples in Tweed" to hang out with a bunch of fellow triple addicts.
My PC died the other day and I ordered a new board and CPU but they forgot to send the newer type memory.
Once I get that back up on line, I will post some pics and host a video or two at youtube.
The old smokin two strokin triples, wil always be my favorite bikes.

I too survived H1 and H2 windouts to 8K, dump the clutch, and watch others disappear in the mirror.

If there was ever an "all or nothing" power band transform, the 2 stroke triple kawa's were it.

The 500 was really squirrelly above 80 mph on a road.....sickening slow yaw/slapper like feel.

750 handled a little better after you got through the arm's out of the socket pull when the tach hit 7500.

C14 is so smooth you forget until you look at the speedo......easily doing 100+ when you don't mean too.

Kawasaki.....acceleration, performance, and now best bang for the buck ST by far.....and oh yeah....a few points on the license along the way.

Don't forget Suzuki X6 Hustler....best 250 street bike ever built. Rode one like I stole it in the Army.

Craig