• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Top Case Coming Along Nicely

RangerRay

I got the green trim panel installed this morning, but overtightened a couple of the tiny screws that hold it on and the tops of the screws poked all the way through. But, I’m happy with the look of the case and the size is perfect. I’m so happy that the green trim panel matches my pin stripe on the bike. Now, I’m just waiting on the lock/tumbler which has just now came back into stock.

Attachments

• 3095D764-93E1-42BF-B81E-068C72ACAACB.jpeg
    3095D764-93E1-42BF-B81E-068C72ACAACB.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 839444F1-0297-4A99-8823-F1C32E410B60.jpeg
    839444F1-0297-4A99-8823-F1C32E410B60.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 179
  • C3F592F9-83DF-40A5-BB59-3EC675153170.jpeg
    C3F592F9-83DF-40A5-BB59-3EC675153170.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 387BDA33-FAD8-4601-96CC-A034E3E0E1EE.jpeg
    387BDA33-FAD8-4601-96CC-A034E3E0E1EE.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 170
Does anyone offer a top rack for that case?
Not that I know of. I don't recall seeing one on the Kawasaki site. But, they also advise the weight limit is about 11 lbs as configured, so I kind of doubt it. Givi might offer something. I hear this case is made by Givi.

I have V46Ls on both of mine, and their racks are used to carry a bike cover when I'm going long distances. That probably weighs 6lbs max.

I'm new to this conversation, so I may not have all the details, but that Kawi case looks like a Givi V47. If it is, then a Phil's Farkles machined aluminum rack can be used along with the SW Motec mounting hardware (which Phil can also supply). Highly recommended if this option is available.

I dont think Phil makes a rack for the tops of the case. His rack is a stronger replacement for the weak factory one that comes with our bike.

Go to the Givi website they should have a rack for the top of the case in black or silver. Besides using it for lite weight items it makes an excellent anchir point for securing other stuff to ur pillion seat...

The Give racks will come with a template to mark and drill mounting holes..

yeah sorry...I was thinking you wanted a stronger rack to support the case....not a rack for the *top* of the case. (Givi does have a nice back-rest for it though)

I'm curious to know where (or even IF) we can get the pinstriping from Kawasaki. I'd like to add some to my helmet and then put a strip across a top box when I get one. Is this even a possibility? Where does a person look for something like the pinstriping?

Partzilla would be my first stop... when i painted my 2010 i bought all the replacement stuckers including the concours14 lettering from them. Id be looking at the 2020 and 2021 models. They are both the same.

Just checked partzilla, they are there for the 2021 model under the category of decals...i didnt sign in to see the price....ill let u shick us with that little didddy...lol

Not to hijack the thread, but answering Pat's suggestion:
$62.11 for each side pin striping on the panniers. Yikes. Pin striping? ~$70 per side w/ tax & freight. I heard Scooby Doo gulping. Zoiks!

Wow!!! Get a couple bottles of testors model paint and some tape and do it myself for...?? $20... take off tape , then retape it an 1/8 inch wider on top and bottom and shoot it with some clear... all done... all in $40...

At your favorite online buy-or-bid site
LIME GREEN 1/8" PIN STRIPE Car Model Pinstriping Decal TAPE Vinyl Sticker 3mm
US $7.95/ea FREE Standard Shipping

s-l1600.jpg

I thought of that too. Maybe I’m just nervous about not doing a good enough job, especially knowing that cleaning up something errant off a flat black helmet shell may weaken it or just make a big mess.

A3183224-CAFA-4EBF-8CAC-6D9BBE9320FC.jpeg

I cant see model paint hurting the strength of the helmet...you are using pinstripe masking tape, not home center tape, correct? Just press those edges down well. Run a strip of masking tape alongside it to create the oops zone. Twitches happen..