• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tototoo too too! Another bites the dust!

mosynth

Big Wheel
Merely a week after trading my KLR for a brand-spanking-new Concours, I found myself in the unavoidable need to drive it through a (freshly replenished) gravel road. I took it really slow. My heart skipped a couple of beats, but I made it to the other end in a vertical fashion. Then I decided to dump it. 50 feet into the pavement, my rear tire decided to go for a spin as I was turning right. The outcome? A sore buttcheek, and cosmetic damage to the bike (right mirror, bottom fairing, exhaust tail, saddlebag). Honestly, I was expecting to see a lot more damage to the bike. I'm visiting the dealer tomorrow to get the bike back to its beautiful shiny self. I tried to see if I rode over any traction-challenged spots, but I came to the conclusion that it was all that dust from the gravel still on the rear tire that did me the favor.

About what speed were you traveling? Just want to make sure this wasn't a crash vs a drop. Drops are less than 5 mph.

Sorry either way. Glad you are not hurt. They are repaving my whole little suburban development, so I am very careful with my routes. Love my Connie, but a dirt bike she's not - at least not with my skills! Hope the damage isn't too bad.