• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Traxxion suspension

dlawless15

Big Wheel
Hello! I noticed yesterday that Traxxion makes a fork cartridge kit for the C14.
I ride with more than a few 'Wingers that rant and rave about how amazing the traxxion kit is and they'll never ride without one again and so on.

I'm sure we all ride with a few (or at least know of a few) Goldwing riders that regularly throw that monster around like its a gixxer without a second thought, and can probably see why they would benefit so much from the traxxion setup. But being that the C14 is a different motorcycle altogether, I
thought I'd check with some guys/gals who may have some experience.

Hopefully I'm not missing the thread where everyone gives their .02, I did look. Really don't want to be that guy who's starting the superfluous thread. But after 30,000 miles on my baby, I'd like to not have to replace footpegs as often as I replace tires anymore. Thank you!

I have had two GoldWings with the full Traxxion treatment on them, and I can tell you it does indeed make a HUGE difference on that bike. One of the reasons it makes such a big difference is that the suspension on the stock Wing is so poor to begin with.

I haven't tried the Traxxion modifications to the C14, but the stock suspension on the C14 feels leaps and bounds better than what the Wing had, so I would suspect the improvement may not be as dramatic. Though it's hard for me to say without actually trying it myself.

I will say that all the Traxxion stuff I've ever used has been top notch and they are an excellent company to deal with.

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
I have had two GoldWings with the full Traxxion treatment on them, and I can tell you it does indeed make a HUGE difference on that bike. One of the reasons it makes such a big difference is that the suspension on the stock Wing is so poor to begin with.

I haven't tried the Traxxion modifications to the C14, but the stock suspension on the C14 feels leaps and bounds better than what the Wing had, so I would suspect the improvement may not be as dramatic. Though it's hard for me to say without actually trying it myself.

I will say that all the Traxxion stuff I've ever used has been top notch and they are an excellent company to deal with.

Off Topic!

Fred,  Did you get rid of the Wing? Was it damged that bad in the rear end accident?  :confuse:

A gentleman from Traxxion emailed me back. I'd also asked him about getting a Traxxion front end for my '94 V-Max (which will probably benefit the most from it out of all the ladies in my fleet) as well as my '79 KZ1000 cafe racer project. He said that the V-Max was no problem, and the KZ shouldn't be either, but they haven't done one for a KZ yet, so he would definitely need my forks to build the
kit from. (I planned on sending all the forks, but I assume he made this distinction because some of their kits are available for installation by the owner or other professional, others require that the work be done in house there.)

He said I was probably looking at $995 for the Max/KZ forks, and that they do a free installation on any custom kits they have to make. Long story short, even if the '10 forks are different from the '08-'09, I'm sure they can make something for it as long as they have the forks there to go by.

Drew

Hello Drew,

Your C14 is a '10 or a '09 ??

It s impossible for me to send in my forks and i m looking to get the Traxxion AK-20 Kit to do it myself at home.

at

Cap'n Bob said:
Off Topic!
Fred,  Did you get rid of the Wing? Was it damged that bad in the rear end accident?

No, I still have it. All that got damaged was some plastic on the rear, and the insurance paid to replace it all. I did a 5K mile trip on it just a couple months ago. It still rides like new.

This spring, I replaced the upper and lower triple clamps with billet clamps from Traxxion, and it made a HUGE improvement in the handling and response. My Wing now handles every bit as good as my C14, if not better.

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/traxxion2

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/traxxionforks

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/traxxion

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/traxxionbrace

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/traxxiontclamps

medium.jpg

My Connie's an '09. I'm more than able to do these myself, but I've been told that a person would need special tools for the disassembly of inverted forks, and since I can't see paying for them to probably only use once; so Traxxion can have it. I'll send the forks out over the winter. Also giving a lot of thought to upgrading the shock to that Penske 3-way unit they have.

I just need something for my '10, wish somebody can confirm that '09 and '10 use the same forks or fork component

at

att said:
I just need something for my '10, wish somebody can confirm that '09 and '10 use the same forks or fork component

at

All you have to do is check the part numbers on the parts fiche at ronayers.com and compare them between 09 and 10. I think the only thing that changed in 2010 was the fork oil height, though they may have changed the spring rate. I do know that the rear shock part number changed.

Thanks Fred for the tip, actually i did check, although the Ref# is almost the same, these parts # are different : Pipe-Fork, Cylinder-set-fork and Washer.

I really have no clue if they are the same, do you think the best bet is changing the Spring only, which is identical from '09 to '10 ??

Thanks

at