• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Twistin Through The Notch NE Fall Rally Part Deux - Sept 6-9 Lincoln, NH

ghabel

BOOK THOSE ROOMS NOW TO GUARANTEE A ROOM!  See below!!!!

Join hosts Greg and Tracey Habel for a rally returning to the beautiful Franconia Notch area of NH.

Rally Dates: Thursday September 6th – Sunday September 9th

RALLY HEADQUARTERS:  Woodwards Resort located at 527 US  Route 3 Lincoln, NH 03251.  http://www.woodwardsresort.com/  Toll-free: (800) 635-8968; local (603) 745-8141.  GPS :  N44.08.934 W071.68.356 .  Woodwards Resort is a full feature resort with plenty of onsite amenities such as: Lounge, indoor & outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna, tennis and racquetball courts, game room, horseshoes, and shuffleboard.  Each room will include either two queen beds or one double bed with one twin bed, compact refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and complimentary WI-FI and cable television.

ROOM RATE:  $114.67 plus tax per night for up to 4 guests.  Rate includes a hot continental breakfast.  Rooms accommodate up to four people per room.  Group rate does not include 9% New Hampshire sales tax.  Please call and ask for the “Concours Owner's Group” group rate before August 18th, 2018 to book your reservation at the discounted rate.  At the time of booking, a one night room and tax deposit will be required to confirm the reservation.  Cancellation policy:  1 week prior to start of event, if less than one week notice you will be required to pay 1 night room rate.  (We have a block of 40 rooms being held for us until August 9th; if they are not sold the block will be reduced to 30 rooms until August 18th.  (After August 18th reservations will be based on resort availability and are not guaranteed.)

Registration, routes, tourism info, and further details are available here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=245082

:-[So far only 5 people are registered (including Tracey and I).  Tracey and I really want to see you all again!!!  Please register now and book those rooms! :motonoises: :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

RALLY FEE:  COG Member rate: $42 per person for COG members (regular members and associates). Non-Member rate: $57 per person. Save $5 by registering  before 8/6/2018.

There's really lots to do in the area.  Unique attractions like Zip Lining up in the trees.  I've done this in Alaska and it is an unforgettable experience (up in the tree tops but fully harnessed, instructions provided, etc).  This company also does really cool Off Road Tours in their vehicles up in the mountains.  If you're not into hiking, this is a way to see what hikers see.  Amazing views you can't get from the highway.

https://www.alpinezipline.com/

Registered, and waiting for a call back from the Hotel,, they have the answering machine today!

Only 8 people registered!  :( :( :( :(

RALLY FEE:  COG Member rate: $42 per person for COG members (regular members and associates). Non-Member rate: $57 per person. Save $5 by registering  before 8/6/2018. 

AND.....
  (We have a block of 40 rooms being held for us until August 9th; if they are not sold the block will be reduced to 30 rooms until August 18th.  (After August 18th reservations will be based on resort availability and are not guaranteed.)

Wow really surprised, at thus i thought there would be more interest!  :motonoises:

Well I know of one more who's planning on attending.  Lloyd Ericsen is rooming with me but we still have to make a reservation.  Guess it's time to drop a text and see if he called. :great:

Well I THINK I have a reservation lol.  Called yesterday and boy do they love the hold button!  First time I got shunted to voicemail.  Second time I got someone got put on hold again but they came back, then when I asked for a confirmation number got holded again and shunted to voicemail.  Left my number for callback and confirmation number.  Maybe I'll try again later lol. :))

Terrynyc said:
Well I THINK I have a reservation lol.  Called yesterday and boy do they love the hold button!  First time I got shunted to voicemail.  Second time I got someone got put on hold again but they came back, then when I asked for a confirmation number got holded again and shunted to voicemail.  Left my number for callback and confirmation number.  Maybe I'll try again later lol. :))
Its that thick Ny accent,,, They are just tring to piss you off! LOL :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Terrynyc said:
Terry, Hope everything worked out OK with your reservation.  Please let me know if there are any issues and I will contact the resort.

OK where are all the Northeast COGers!??  I just checked and registration is only at 9!  Time is running out to take advantage of the early registration fee and our block of rooms in the back building (the one that houses the lovely indoor pool and hot tub  :great:)  will be released soon if they are not booked.
This is a wonderful location with access to many nice roads and attractions.  Literally something for everyone.  Like to hike?  It's there.  Like to zipline?  Got it.  Brewpubs?  Yup.  How about nice riding?  :motonoises:  ABSOLUTELY! Check out the calendar for all the details and BOOK THOSE ROOMS!  Hope to see you there.

came on the forum and saw this. We missed the Wellsboro this spring. So I definitely signed us up for the fall rally. I normally would take a September trip up to Vermont/New Hampshire. The Kanc is normally nice that time of year. So we're in. I just called Woodward's at approximately 4:15 (half hour ago) and a nice lady named Montana picked up and made my reservations. Just waiting on the email conformation. Although I went with a king size bed in the next building. See y'all there.

Perhaps they just don't like me or blocked my phone number?!?  Just called at 3:15pm and got recorded message that the office was closed.  CLOSED?!?!?  On a Tuesday at 3:15pm?!?  Tune in tomorrow for the next installment of the Perils of Terrine! :))

BTW I can't seem to get through on the 800 number.  I've been calling the local number.

Here's something really cool that I've never done.....

"The Lost River Gorge & Boulder Caves is an adventure that combines the beauty and mysteries of nature with the excitement of discovery! A ¾ mile boardwalk is your path through the gorge. Your journey can be as easy or as ambitious as you choose: you may remain on the boardwalk, or accept the challenge of exploring the boulder caves. Sturdy footwear and outdoor clothing are recommended and no strollers are allowed in the gorge."

http://www.lostrivergorge.com/plan-your-journey/

A total of 16 people are signed up.  Time is running out. 
Save $5 on registration if you register before Aug 6th.
The hotel will start releasing a batch of 10 rooms on Aug 8th.

PLEASE REGISTER AND BOOK THOSE ROOMS.  WE MISS EVERYONE AND WANT TO SEE YOU THERE!
I mean, where else can you get goofy fun friends Thursday - Sunday. 
And the riding and scenery - oh my!

I have harassed two people who plan on attending to get a move on.  Ones my potential roomie so he better get it in gear! Lol
That’s potentially three more.

Terrynyc said:
I have harassed two people who plan on attending to get a move on.  Ones my potential roomie so he better get it in gear! Lol
That’s potentially three more.
Thanks Terry!

Waiting on word from the electrophysiologist's office. Hoping to get the work done in the last couple of weeks of August, but might end up in Sept.  :(

Well my three slowpokes have finally registered!  Let's go folks!  Let's get registered and book them rooms!!  ;)

I'm registered and I've booked my room. My Halifax buddy should be registered as well, he'll be rooming with me!

Looking forward to it, yet again.

Redlion61 said:
I'm registered and I've booked my room. My Halifax buddy should be registered as well, he'll be rooming with me!

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

On August 6th the early registration discount of $5 will expire.  Take advantage of saving a few $$$ by registering before then.

40 rooms are being held for us until August 9th; if they are not sold the block will be reduced to 30 rooms until August 18th.  (After August 18th reservations will be based on resort availability and are not guaranteed)

Register and book those rooms.  So far 25 people have registered.
Fun is practically guaranteed!

Redlion61 said:

That would be me!  Registered and I can't wait  :motonoises:

Claude

Claude aka MotorcycleClaude said:
Redlion61 said:

That would be me!  Registered and I can't wait  :motonoises:

Claude
Tracey and I look forward to seeing you again Claude. 

29 people registered. 
:motonoises: Last day today 8/6/18 to get the $5 per person discount for early registration  :motonoises:

I'm in. I live about 15 minutes away, so I won't be staying at the hotel. But looking forward to meeting all of you. Here are a few places around the area that we really like.
Schillings Brewery and restaurant in Littleton.
The Gypsy Cafe in Lincoln.
The Little Grille in Littleton.
And my favorite craft brewer, White Mountain Brewery in Ashland.

Paul said:
I'm in. I live about 15 minutes away, so I won't be staying at the hotel. But looking forward to meeting all of you. Here are a few places around the area that we really like.
Schillings Brewery and restaurant in Littleton.
The Gypsy Cafe in Lincoln.
The Little Grille in Littleton.
And my favorite craft brewer, White Mountain Brewery in Ashland.
Awesome and see you there Paul!

I’m registering today- or as soon as my membership renews. I tried calling for a room...wow, don’t call the 1800 number, I was spammed with silly offers for a couple minutes. I’ll be rolling in from Nova Scotia with Claude, so I’m pretty stoked as this is my first “solo adventure ride”, or at least until I hook up with Claude in Halifax. Iff someone needs a room, their will be an extra bed for someone who doesn’t snore 😆

Looking forward to this trip that I’ve been planning for the last 18 months and the rally will be icing on the cake.

:beerchug:

Gixerhp said:
If anyone is interested in Switchback lights, i will have some with me!

How much and how much to install (I'm useless except for changing fuses or the battery - even the H4's give me a hard time!).  :D

NYbiomed said:
I’m registering today- or as soon as my membership renews. I tried calling for a room...wow, don’t call the 1800 number, I was spammed with silly offers for a couple minutes. I’ll be rolling in from Nova Scotia with Claude, so I’m pretty stoked as this is my first “solo adventure ride”, or at least until I hook up with Claude in Halifax. Iff someone needs a room, their will be an extra bed for someone who doesn’t snore 😆

Looking forward to this trip that I’ve been planning for the last 18 months and the rally will be icing on the cake.

:beerchug:

Glad you are coming!!!  Sorry to hear about the 800 number.  Feel free to send me a private message about it.

33 people registered and rooms are being released to the public very soon.
If you are thinking of going, now's the time to register and get your room
!

Good news - we asked the resort to extend the discounted rate and hold 30 rooms till Aug 25th.
Book those rooms!

NYbiomed said:
This is good, as ive called at least 10 times and can never get through to book a reservation....wtf?
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting through. 
Which number(s) have you tried?  (800) 635-8968; local (603) 745-8141? 
I highly recommend the local number.  In fact I'm going to pull the 800 number from the COG registration page because of the up front advertisements.
Feel free to PM us and or via email - COG7010@verizon.net and we will have them give you a call.
We will also reach out to the manager to let them know you've had trouble.
I
Greg.

NYbiomed said:
This is good, as ive called at least 10 times and can never get through to book a reservation....wtf?
I contacted the event manager at the resort and found out the 800# is no longer active so I have removed it from the event posting.  The event manager said: " I have confirmed we were experiencing some phone issues recently that were rectified."
Try calling the 603# and let me know how you make out.

37 people are registered for the rally. 
After almost a week with computer/internet/phone issues, the resort has resolved the problems with their internet provider.  Turns out they were working hard during those days to resolve the issues and unfortunately made it impossible to book rooms during that time frame.  Thank you for your patience.
We have worked closely with the event manager/VP who has apologized and assured us that our rally experience will be most enjoyable.
As a result, the resort has extended the group rate until the rally dates.

Please continue to book your room and register.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!  :beerchug: Tracey and I will be there mid afternoon on Wednesday to set up.

Guys Scott says a friend of his from Vermont would like to attend are we doing on site registrations?  Just making sure. :great:

Terrynyc said:
Guys Scott says a friend of his from Vermont would like to attend are we doing on site registrations?  Just making sure. :great:

Just talked with Scott last night.  We will have paper registration and online access for registration on www.cog-online.org.

Called Wednesday 29 and got a room at $114 rate.
Registered today for the rally.
John Larmon
COG #775

The weather is looking pretty decent.    Highs in the mid 70's, lows in the 50's/60's.  I like those riding temperatures.  :great: :great: :great:
No rain predicted till Sunday.
Tracey and I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon to do setup etc and will be ready to do the Thursday 7pm - 8pm registration in the game room (next to the indoor pool area).
See you soon!

I have a Corbin seat with the driver part done by Laam i was thinking of bringing over if anyone would be interested for $275.

andydude said:
I have a Corbin seat with the driver part done by Laam i was thinking of bringing over if anyone would be interested for $275.

Hi Andy,
I didn't see your name on the registration.  Are you attending the rally?

Sure, you can put it in the registration area with a sign/contact info but....... that area also access to other resort guests so you should retrieve it when registration is unattended.

Greg Habel said:
andydude said:

Hi Andy,

Sure, you can put it in the registration area with a sign/contact info but....... that area also access to other resort guests so you should retrieve it when registration is unattended.

i'll be registering once there if its ok !

andydude said:
Greg Habel said:
andydude said:

Hi Andy,

i'll be registering once there if its ok !

That's fine.  We'll have an IPAD and internet connectivity so we can do online registration too!

The weather is even looking better!  :) :) :) :) :)
The only chance of rain is on Thursday for a thunder/lightning show.  All other days is partly cloudy or sunny.  Nice temps in the 60's and 70's during the day.
It's going to be beautiful!    :great: :great: :great:

For the most part, the weather has been stellar up here in Nova Scotia, just finished The Cabot Trail and the fun continues in NH White mtns.....glorious.
:great:

Thank you everyone for coming.  Tracey and I enjoyed our time with you, whether riding, chatting, eating, telling stories, laughing (lots of that), consuming beverages, going to the One Love brewery via the shuttle, having breakfast together each morning, watching the ducks (chase Chris around) and grey heron, and attending the banquet.  With all the rally donations from members I think almost everyone go a raffle prize.
For those of you looking for photos, due to the ease of posting, much of them are on the COG Facebook event page for the rally.
Tracey and I will do a write up including photos.  If you have any, please let us know to find them (Facebook etc) or send to cog7010@verizon.net.
See you all next time!

I need to say another BIG thank you to COG for another great rally. I rode up solo this year to the NE fall rally. JR has school and couldn’t get off. So I assumed I’d would ride with one of my older buddies from COG. Nope. On Thursday I rode with Jim and his wife for a somewhat damp but nice ride and got the best cappuccino! Wednesday I assumed again a nice ride with maybe Terence Faherty? Nope I ended up going with another stranger. Huge thank you to Andy Belliveau. No idea who this crazy Canadian was but what a great ride. All the way up into Canada and back through Maine. Easily over 300 miles and this guy rode the snot out of his C14!!! Finally on Saturday I rode with Terry, Scott and his lovely wife, John from LI, Bob on his BMW and Andy again. A short 170 mile ride with a great lunch thrown in.

So the meaning behind all this is JOIN FOR THE BIKE STAY FOR PEOPLE!!!! You have here in COG immediate friends. Immediate riding buddies. I no longer have one of these slow little Connie’s(HA!!) but you couldn’t pay me to leave COG. COG on FB or in the forums is just the tip of the iceberg. Get to a rally! Get to a ride or meet and great! And Thank You COG !!!

Kudos to Tracey & Greg for organizing and hosting a terrific fall rally.  The COG camaraderie was strong. The diversity of the club can be seen by the different bikes our members rode to the event... not only were there  C10 & C14, but a H2 and most other major marques. 

Another great rally!  Thanks to Greg and Tracy and all those who helped out.  Always fun to hang with the COGgers! :great: ;)

Thank you Greg and tracy for a wonderful job hosting an awesome rally !!  Had a great time riding on amazing newly asphalted roads !!  :great:

it was great to see everyone. Thanks to Greg and Tracy for their usual fine job arranging events. It was interesting going from 90+ degrees F on Thursday, down to approximately 40 degrees F Sunday Morning.  But the two days in between (Fri + Sat) were about perfect. You can't ask for better.
  I am glad to know Kevin made it home safe late Sat night. Hopefully everyone made it home safe on Sunday as well. We kind of wished it could have been a little longer. But we had a good time. Until next time, ride safe.

Cap'n Bob said:
  it was great to see everyone. Thanks to Greg and Tracy for their usual fine job arranging events. It was interesting going from 90+ degrees F on Thursday, down to approximately 40 degrees F Sunday Morning.  But the two days in between (Fri + Sat) were about perfect. You can't ask for better.
  I am glad to know Kevin made it home safe late Sat night. Hopefully everyone made it home safe on Sunday as well. We kind of wished it could have been a little longer. But we had a good time. Until next time, ride safe.

Great to see you as always Bob, when we left yesterday morning we road in -3 deg C for about an hour on the Kank. Glad i had brought the heated liner.  Take care !!

Yes, it was a great time as always.  Wish that I could make all the events.  :mad:

Thanks Greg and Tracey and everyone that helped out!  :beerchug:

Claude

Nice video and the ride was very COG like. The video and audio was really clear. What system are you running and I don’t recognize the motorcycle you were riding?

4Bikes said:
Nice video and the ride was very COG like. The video and audio was really clear. What system are you running and I don’t recognize the motorcycle you were riding?

IIRC Kevin rides a BMW K1600