• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Update on warranty extensions 36 months

A nice little bonus with the extended warranty (Kawasaki Protection Plus or KPP) is that it includes roadside assistance/towing.

A nice little bonus with the extended warranty (Kawasaki Protection Plus or KPP) is that it includes roadside assistance/towing.
anyone had to use it? Curious as to the mechanics of it and limitations. How does it compare to AMA coverage?

anyone had to use it? Curious as to the mechanics of it and limitations. How does it compare to AMA coverage?
Unfortunately, I got to use the tow service in Oklahoma on my way to the 2018 National. I got a flat tire that couldn’t be patched. It was almost 6 pm on a Saturday, and I was in a fairly remote area, so it took a little while to find a tow (about 2 1/2 hours if I recall correctly). The tow benefit covers up to $250 of the tow expense. In my case, they towed me about 35 miles to the nearest town and dropped me and the bike off at a motel. KPP covered the full cost of the tow.

For additional information about KPP benefits: https://kpp.kawasaki.com/Terms-And-Conditions

I used the extended warranty with Kawasaki once. I lucked into a leaky final drive. Kawasaki repaired with no cost or argument to me. Back when my 09 was under the first extended warranty I was to buy another 3 years. So I was covered for 9 years. They stopped doing that for some reason. But it sure gave me confidence I would be covered. After almost 11 years of ownership the leaky final drive was the only extended warranty issue. Was it worth it? In my mind it was.

I might have been able to have tire pressure sensors replaced. But I was NOT going to the new stlye. The old style iis easy to replace a battery in.

... Back when my 09 was under the first extended warranty I was to buy another 3 years. So I was covered for 9 years. They stopped doing that for some reason...
Not true - Kawasaki still allows you to purchase a second extended warranty after the first 3-year KPP plan expires (for a total of 9 years when you include the original factory warranty). I purchased my 2011 C-14 in 2013 as left over new stock, and I purchased a second 3-year KPP last year, so I'm covered through September 2022.

Not true - Kawasaki still allows you to purchase a second extended warranty after the first 3-year KPP plan expires (for a total of 9 years when you include the original factory warranty). I purchased my 2011 C-14 in 2013 as left over new stock, and I purchased a second 3-year KPP last year, so I'm covered through September 2022.

I think we are talking about the same thing but maybe not understanding.

I bought the first extnded warranty while still on the OEM warranty. I bought the second extension while still on the 1st extension. Post 480 in the orginal extended warranty thread said a 3rd extended warranty was not happening. It would have been nice to have 12 years on a warranty. I think we were lucky to get nine.

Last edited:
okay, what is a good price for the extended warranty? Thinking about doing it for my 2017.
The last person that reported said 393. Read the last post of the sticky about extending the oem warranty. This deal was negotiated by MOB at one dealer. Thank Rich for the deal. If Rich is reading, hope you are doing well!

Wanted to pass along a new development. I talked to Pete about adding a 3-year Performance Plus extended warranty to my 2018 C14. He informed me that at the beginning of June, 2021, Kawasaki changed policy on issuing the first occurrence of the extended warranty. It must now be purchased only from the original dealer that sold the bike or from Kawasaki directly. Current retail price from a dealer is $704, and from Kawasaki it’s $774, which I believe is a little cheaper than it used to be. However, Pete noted that you can still purchase the second 3-year extension from Ultimate Cycle. Just wait for the first extension to kick in and give him a ring to buy in to the second extension. Current price is $393.

I contacted Ultimate Cycle a few weeks ago to buy the extended warranty for my 2019 Versys 1000. Pete called me 7/2/21 and told me exactly what Keith just explained above. The first purchase has to be through the selling dealer for any discount. The first renewal can be done through Ultimate Cycle.

Last edited:
Looks like I snuck in there just in time! Hopefully in 2.8 years I can renew again for $393, but, that sucks for everyone needing the first renewal now... My local dealer quoted me $1,400!

Good to know we can still get the 2nd one at a discounted rate. I got my 1st renewal at my dealer, I couldn't get it from UC in time.