• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

VA Williamsburg Ride for Pancakes 15 December

KLRIDER

Hey Coggers and friends, just a reminder that our annual December brekkie and ride is coming up on Sunday 15 December at the Capitol Pancake and Waffle House. Here's the scoop:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=183226&mo=12&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D12%2D03%27%7D

We will have weather! Fifteen or 51 degrees it's a GO; except for ice, snow closing the pass here, torrential rain, you know, the stuff we had the past two years.  :eek:

Weather permitting, we'll have a ride after the coffee's gone over the Northern Neck of VA. Hope to see you there!  :motonoises:

I had hoped to come down on Saturday, and spend the evening, but the weather is looking bad.  :(  I'm afraid it's not going to work out. 

And Heeeeeeeere's the Gang leader!!

No go.

Not for me, at least. If you guys get together at the restaurant, drink a carafe of Joe for me. 

Weather looks BAD for travel tomorrow up here, even on four wheels:

Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near 35. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Saturday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of rain or freezing rain between midnight and 3am, then a slight chance of rain after 3am. Low around 33. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Roads up this way are likely to be black icy Saturday and Sunday, so very reluctantly cancelling the COG get together.  :'(

BAH! HUMBUG!!This is supposed to be Virginia, as in the SOUTH! This planet warming has gotten out of control.

Hope to see you at Horne's for the Sleeping Beaver ride next month. Y'all stay safe if you get out this weekend, and have a Merry Christmas.

It'a a sad day.  :73:  I may be hearing things, but I'm pretty certain I heard my bike whisper she hates me when I walked by her this morning. :angry:  Guess I'll  :a012: in, and drink  :coffee2:  Let's hope for some better weather soon.

The ride leader has already spoken, but I backed out Friday. I had a procedure (angiogram) done Thursday morning and they restricted my activity (lifting anything for a week) and driving (2-3 days). They inserted a star closure (little disc of titanium) on the femoral artery where they went in and they want to make sure it stays put during the healing process.

If any of you go, have fun and please be safe.