• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

VA/WV New ride posted for June 2013

KLRIDER

Riding in the Mountain State and SE Ohio, touring the TALA, and surviving Blizzards. Read all about it in the NE area calendar for June 2013. I hope to see several of you there!  :great:

watch out Clayton, when you sign up for a ride with the DR you have to change your tires and put on some knobby tires!!  :D

the area is beautiful!! i will gladly join in for a ride on mainly paved roads!!

what do you think klr?

Tim And Trish said:
watch out Clayton, when you sign up for a ride with the DR you have to change your tires and put on some knobby tires!!  :D

the area is beautiful!! i will gladly join in for a ride on mainly paved roads!!

what do you think klr?

Yeah, that Pat guy will lead you astray!  :)

Still, the whole asylum thing seems right up my ally, so to speak.

I can't see anything, do you have to be a paid COG member to find it?  I've been to the Weston Looney Bin, in 2008.  A friend has an old farm about 5 min away that we go to around Memorial Day.  We did a night tour, not really my thing but it was kind of cool.

Yes n/a, who ever you are, the ride has been tagged as a members only ride. since i never visited the site before i was a member, i can only ASSUME that is why you cant see anything. you should just join the club and then you get to see it all!! plus you can meet lots of great people!!  :beerchug:

can others with knowledge shine a light on this?

Yes, Pat listed it as a member only event when setting it up. I'm sure this was a mistake and he can go in and fix this. I checked and verified this since for some reason, I wasn't logged in to COGMOS. So when I wasn't logged in, I could not see the listing either. But once I logged in, I could. That's when I also saw the listing as member only. I'll send Pat a PM.

Plus, n/a, whoever you are,  ;) this event is in Buckhannon, a few hours away from Brunswick.  So join COG, common down, meet great people, ride great roads, make new friends, have fun.  :beerchug:   

Pat,
This looks neat as S__t!
I just came through Buckhannon Wv. last weekend on the way home from Bridge Day. I saw the motel you picked and another one nearby and thought we could have a rally here!
If we survive the Hurricane (can you say Johnstown Flood 4) I plan on being there.
Thanks for thinking up something new for the gang to do.
Jason

I just talked with Melinda at the Centenial Motel and made my reservation for 13-16 June 2013. They have 32 rooms, most of which are occupied right now with peole who have lost power from the Sandy storm. Melinda has almost three feet of snow at her house.  :eek:

This will be over 96.4% paved roads!  :motonoises:

OK, guys. you know the drill: Sign up and Book Those Rooms! :great:

The difference is that those were by accident. Pat likes dirt. If he shows up on his dual purpose, i would be careful!! :))

live and learn :nananana:

OK, folks. Just reviewing the details for the TALA & Blizzard ride in June. Earlier in this thread I did a foe paw and posted above in here the ride was for 20-23 June. That is WRONG. Correct dates, as listed on the COG calendar, are 13-16 June 2013, with the 13th and the 16th being travel days. So, if yunz have made any motel reservations at the Cenentennial in Buckhannon, they should be for the 13-15th days.

Russ Flemming's North & South event is on the weekend of 22-23 June, as stated in the COG ride. I have tried before (a few times) but never was able to be in two places at once.

Sorry for any confusion.  :eek:

Tim And Trish said:
The difference is that those were by accident. Pat likes dirt. If he shows up on his dual purpose, i would be careful!! :))

live and learn :nananana:

It would be nice, if he plans to show up on an off-road bike, to so state.  :rotflmao:

If it isn't paved, I don't ride on it.

A little new info on the TALA & Blizzard Ride, this just in from the assylum:

"June - August 2013 - Summer Concerts on the Lawn Series  Six Saturday’s from 4:00pm to 6:00pm

This concert series will feature 100% regional solo artists and bands with all original tunes. Join us June 15th & 29th, July 13th & 27th, and August 10th & 24th for these free public events. The Asylum and Pacific Flow Production & Promotions LLC out of Elkins have partnered to bring you the best folk artists home grown in West Virginia. "

So, if it works out that we ride Friday and see the TALA on Saturday, there is some local music to enjoy.  :great:

Looking forward to this one, have it cleared through both bosses and am looking at routes to get there and home.

I'll be leaving the Beach Wednesday AM and taking the "scenic" route to Buckhannon!

I've been going past that place since I was a baby. My grand-father and aunt lived just down the road (Rte. 33) in Glenville.... which we visited many times over the years.

When you're in the area, make sure you visit the http://www.magwv.com/ in Weston. This is WV's 150th. birthday since statehood, and the Museum has promised to make your visit worthwhile.

Thanks for the link, Guy. Looks pretty interesting! I wonder if they have any glass that you lift?
:beerchug:

Sharry has some pretty Ruby Red Fenton pieces. Now I know what to bring back home with me!

Glenn said:
I feel certain we can find the 0.6% of the unpaved roads.  Looking forward to this.  :great:

That would be 3.6% unpaved roads, which is a significant difference when Pat is involved.

I don't do "unpaved".

Guys n gals, no "guarantees", of course, on the type of pavement or lack thereof. There may be detours. Flash flooding is on the menus for today, so it's likely that at least some sections may involve a "pucker detour". From that, it could be said that we are all riding 'adventure' bikes.

If interested, pack your swim suit, we might want a dip in the creek near Replete, WV, en route to lunch at Rella's or the Hutte. Skinny dippers may hear banjos!  :eek:

Weather for the Weston area for the weekend is looking nice!  :motonoises: