• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

vibration

3greens

Bicycle
my o9 has developed a vibration during accl at about 5500 rpm feel it in the bars thr the tank going to take it back to the the dealer tomorrow let them ride it,any one else had a problem lately!! have seen some threads in the past seems balancers adjustment seem to work in some casesthank you for any input cog#9178

Will be curious what the dealer says. But I can't help you as I seldom see 5000 rpm cause I ride like an ole' lady. That said, check the motor mounts and if good forget about it. UP

I am having the vibe too. I have installed murphs buzz less bar ends. I have torque the too 7 foot pounds as specified. It moved the vibe to a higher rpm. I the tried 8 foot pounds which moved it to a even higher rpm. Tomorrow I will try 9 ftlbs. Hopefully it will move the vibe above 5k rpms. Murphs instructions day try 6 ftlbs. 6 did not work. At 6 ftbs my mirrors shook so bad I could see multiple cars behind me instead of one. So the kit from murphs work but you have to fine tune them.

Interesting. I have no vibration at all that I could complain about. But then I've come off a Harley.... My C-14 is as smooth as glass. UP