• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

VT/NH Roaming 3 day Un-rally Sept. 13-15

ghabel

Hey Coggers,
We have a great September weekend on the calendar and would love for you to join us for all or part of the rolling adventure!  We will start out Friday with an overnight in W. Dover Vt and take a nice ride Saturday which will include a shopping stop at Whitehorse on our way over to stay at the Yankee Clipper Inn on Saturday night.  You can join for all or any part of the agenda.  Please sign up ASAP as room rates were only initially guaranteed until 6/15.  Let me know if you are interested and I can work with the hotels to see if we can extend the rate lock on rooms.
Hope to see you there!!
Tracey

Can I go too?
Actually I'm in the process of planning the route with a stop at a local restaurant for lunch on Saturday.
Hope more people will join us.

I might also try and do this one myself as well. It's a little early to tell. But I probably should make hotel reservations just in case (so I have them).

Note to add: I just realised that it is on my Meet & greet weekend. I now have a dilemma.  :-[

Baah!  Sounds like fun but I'll probably be stressing getting my rally routes squared away for the LG rally... :41:

Have fun storming the castle! :great:

I have made that trip to Mt Washington via Woodstock and North of White River Junction Years ago on my CBR 1000F.  Count me in!  I am looking forward to meeting some of the group.

One year I rode with a buddy from NJ to West Dover VT to NH International Speedway during Motorcycle week (Fathers day weekend)  It rained every day.  Let hope for good weather.

Greg and I just came back from a camping weekend in the Berkshires which included a ride to West Dover, VT to check out the Lodge at Mount Snow. We were very grateful to receive a personal tour of the lodge from owner/manager Jim who is a motorcyclist himself.  Jim was extremely accommodating, extending the discount rate date to 9/6/13.  Possibilities for Friday night dinner are the restaurant on site, and he also offered to do a special approx $20 pp BBQ on the grounds for us exclusively!    :bravo_2:
There is a nice fire-pit for folks to hang around on Friday night.
Also, all rooms have fridges and microwaves.

Both Greg and I were impressed by his hospitality.  :great:

The Yankee Clipper Inn in North Conway has also extended our rate lock till 8/23/13. 

Make those reservations soon!

Reservations & registration... Check. Looking forward to some great COG company and wonderful
riding through Ma, Vt & NH.

Look they even have a  :campfire:  for us at The Lodge at Mount Snow 

Grr,  I am getting a little static at home because of a Jewish holiday on the same day as the ride.  I am a bit  less observing then my wife, but I like a happy wife regardless. 

Also my family has a house in West Dover, so I don't need a reservation in West Dover. 

X-UFO said:
Grr,  I am getting a little static at home because of a Jewish holiday on the same day as the ride.  I am a bit  less observing then my wife, but I like a happy wife regardless. 

Also my family has a house in West Dover, so I don't need a reservation in West Dover.

Hi Larry,
If she likes to ride, invite her along.  My wife and Co-AAD for MA/ME/NH/VT will be along as well.  Plus there will be other ladies for her to meet - all very nice people.

Just made some more updates to the calendar for this event.
On Saturday we'll stop on our ride for lunch at noon at the Blackwater Junction Restaurant in Andover, NH.  I hear they have great home made food and PIES!
So far we have 10 people signed up for the trip.  Still time to join us for any part along the route.

Looks like we have about 19 people going - saweeet!.
Weather also looks decent.  Chilly in the morning (40's), then as we ride on Saturday we get up to 75.

Excellent weather, roads, food stops, and of course great times with 15 of the bestest people on earth!    :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks to all that attended for your companionship, laughs, help, and smiles.  :) :) :)

It is true - if I lead a ride in VT, inevitably there will be an unexpected ride on a dirt road!  :))

The Mulloy's want to Thank Greg & Tracey  :You_Rock_Emoticon: for hosting this great event. We had a great time with all our
COG friends and look forward to seeing a bunch of you soon in Lake George & other upcoming COG events.

Here's a link to the pictures we took this weekend; http://pat-sher.smugmug.com/COG-VTNH-Unrally/i-LNdTjvT

Pat, posting from Sher's computer  :motonoises:

Much thanks to the Habel's for organizing a great ride, and a thanks to all who rode along.

My brother and I had a great time and my brother was very impressed at how helpful and friendly the folk's from COG are.

I told him you guys are a great bunch and once again, I was right.

Thanks again for a great time, we ended up doing 779.2 miles over the three days.

Joe Callahan

P.S.  did anyone else end up riding hurricane mountain road?  (crazy, just crazy)

turbojoe78_MA said:
Joe Callahan

P.S.  did anyone else end up riding hurricane mountain road?  (crazy, just crazy)

About 8 of us rode hurricane mountain road.  Narrow, steep, hair-pin turns, bumpy, but lots of fun!