• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wandering wallpapers

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
I made some wallpapers of my wandering

Since I brought home my new Concours 14 in June I've been creating a computer wallpaper with a calendar each month. Each wallpaper is created from a photo taken on one of my rides.

It helps make sitting and working at my computers all day less painful.

Just thought I'd share.

(and they are downloadable in 1080 if desired)

June 2015
20150601_coulterville_thumb.jpg

Downloadable 1080 version here http://wanderingbackroads.com/wallpapers/

I rode directly out of the dealership on purchase day and into the Sierras where I stopped by Courlterville CA and grabbed this image in front of the defunct Coulterville General Store.

More pics from that day http://wanderingbackroads.com/reports/newconcours/

Nice stuff. You and ZG need to team up on bodywork! :great: :beerchug: I really like that copper look though. ;)

Old Man on a Connie said:
Nice stuff. You and ZG need to team up on bodywork! :great: :beerchug: I really like that copper look though. ;)
I'm pretty sure Keith is only playing around with ONE set of plastic not FIVE or SIX.

Nice pics Keith.  :great:

Gumby said:
I'm pretty sure Keith is only playing around with ONE set of plastic not FIVE or SIX.
Nice pics Keith.  :great:

Thanks guys.

I don't think I'm in the same league with my rattle can experiments as ZG is with his awesome pro redesigns.

I do like the green - I think I favor the Copper color combination though.

Now, a lot of folks will complain that I am biased and honestly I gotta agree with them. I like that one  :great: :beerchug:

Now, a lot of folks will complain that I am biased and honestly I gotta agree with them. I like that one  :great: :beerchug:
I hear they plan to re-open soon, featuring Snake Burgers.

Sailor_chic said:
I'm with Mark, that's a great picture! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. It's an interesting place he lead me too.

Thanks for the great pics.  Looks like there is no dust settling on that connie.  How many miles so far on that new bike?

Jeff said:
Thanks for the great pics.  Looks like there is no dust settling on that connie.  How many miles so far on that new bike?
Thanks Jeff.

May not be much dust, but covered in plenty of road grime and bugs. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't clean more.

1 year and 2 weeks old today with 22,800 miles. More than I expected for the 1st year.

FTB530 said:
How many sets of tires?
Hey Floyd, stop in for the COG Meet & Greet  this Thursday.

Approximately, to this point
1 x OEM  (6500m)
1 x PR4GT set used up (7400m)
1 x 3/4 used Conti Motion (3000m )
1 x  PR4GT set currently on (4900 and counting)

Not counting your nail plug  :beerchug: ;)
Yea  :(  - the 4900 includes 3K on the plugged tire
(so between whats left on the now better plugged tire and the "new/replacement" currently on the bike, I'm just pretending I have a new PR4GT waiting in the wings

WANDRNG said:
FTB530 said:
How many sets of tires?
Hey Floyd, stop in for the COG Meet & Greet  this Thursday.

Approximately, to this point
1 x OEM  (6500m)
1 x PR4GT set used up (7400m)
1 x 3/4 used Conti Motion (3000m )
1 x  PR4GT set currently on (4900 and counting)

Not counting your nail plug  :beerchug: ;)
Yea  :(  - the 4900 includes 3K on the plugged tire
(so between whats left on the now better plugged tire and the "new/replacement" currently on the bike, I'm just pretending I have a new PR4GT waiting in the wings

I would like to Keith, but I can't drive for about six weeks and probably cant get a ride , I will make it to a meeting again,hopefully on two wheels.

FTB530 said:
I would like to Keith, but I can't drive for about six weeks and probably cant get a ride , I will make it to a meeting again,hopefully on two wheels.

How's the healing going?

Healing and PT seems to be going well, therapist tells me I am doing good in the procees of getting range of motion back, pain is minimal,read your Bark At The Moon post and videos,looks like a blast,except the rain and hail, when I replace the bike I plan on a week trip some where hefore going back to work.

Glad to hear you're progressing well back to 100%, keep it up! - I'd be happy to join you on part of your "pre-return to the workforce" ride.

WANDRNG said:
Glad to hear you're progressing well back to 100%, keep it up! - I'd be happy to join you on part of your "pre-return to the workforce" ride.
That would be fun to ride with you Keith, im sure you are better at planning a route then I am,  reading  these  stories and threads on here has gave me some thi g to keep my boredom minimal.

Smitty said:
Great pictures!  Your neck of the woods is beautiful.  This one is my favorite.  My beaches in FL are nice, but roads are too flat for a C14.
Thanks Smitty. The Ben Hur shot is one of my favs too.

There are huge amounts of great roads and cool places near me - happy to share if you make it out this way.

The great thing is, as I venture to other places farther from my home turf, they all got great stuff too! I saw a bunch on my recent trip and trying to get some photos up.

I would love to come out there and ride someday.  Farthest I make it on a regular basis is SLC, UT for work...so no bike :(  When I am out that way, I usually stop in to the local BMW Dealer and take their stuff out for a "test ride".  The last time I did that, when I got back (after a few hrs) the salesman told me he forgot I was still out riding ;D...Lots of beautiful country out there.

When I bought mine in 2012, we headed out on a 3500 miler. Stopped at a Kawa dealer at 700 miles to do my own 1st  oil change in Petaluma Cal. They were most accommodating....even let me use a bay, and dump the old stuff for no charge

Bruiser said:
When I bought mine in 2012, we headed out on a 3500 miler. Stopped at a Kawa dealer at 700 miles to do my own 1st  oil change in Petaluma Cal. They were most accommodating....even let me use a bay, and dump the old stuff for no charge
The 2 Kawa dealers I've stopped at on my trips have been helpful above and beyond too.

Nice!

I have three monitors on my work computer and your wallpaper is on #2. That's the monitor that I use for shared work and presentations online. My co-workers always have great comments about your pictures.

Now all I need to do is Photoshop Shoodaben into a couple of them!  :beerchug: ;)

Swampcat said:
I have three monitors on my work computer and your wallpaper is on #2. That's the monitor that I use for shared work and presentations online. My co-workers always have great comments about your pictures.

Now all I need to do is Photoshop Shoodaben into a couple of them!
Well thanks so much for the encouragement. Shocked someone actually used one as a wallpaper - too damn cool!

Maybe I'll start taking a few pics with my connie in the frame, and then roll her out for the last exposure - make it easier for you to PShop your own ride in  ;D

WANDRNG said:
Maybe I'll start taking a few pics with my connie in the frame, and then roll her out for the last exposure - make it easier for you to PShop your own ride in  ;D
Nah, the solution is simpler...I need to get on the bike and ride! :motonoises: Take my own pics with the gorgeous scenery instead of living vicariously through the wallpaper.

UDOTHISWELL! No, that's to big for a vanity plate. GR8SHTZ? That may work but open for interpretation. NICPIX? NFOCUS?  :great: :beerchug:

Nice calendar collection of photos. You and I travel a lot of the same roads. I tend to gravitate into the foothills east of Sacramento going both North and South. :great:

Sailor Rich said:
Thanks for sharing your photos Keith. They get one dreaming of an epic adventure.

Glad you find them to be a positive thing.

They allow me remember and dream.

I'll be getting you a tire pressure gauge for Christmas  :nananana:
Gumby said:
:D :D

Literally rode it out of the dealer from getting new rubber and pads all the way around at 39988 miles.  Had 38 lbs per tire from them when I got rolling.  Stopped a few miles down the road, added air using a gas stations in nozzle gauge at 39992 miles.  Road 8 more miles, pulled over, took a few 40K pics and let 2 lbs out of each tire (by estimating how long a release).  Rode on and it settled to 44 per tire. :nananana:

Forgot that part till I uploaded the photo today and saw the 47/46 and just KNEW someone would give me grief - but only 40K photos I gotz.

Figures it would be you two bustin' my chops  :rotflmao: :truce: :rotflmao:

WANDRNG said:
Gumby said:
:D :D

Literally rode it out of the dealer from getting new rubber and pads all the way around at 39988 miles.  Had 38 lbs per tire from them when I got rolling.  Stopped a few miles down the road, added air using a gas stations in nozzle gauge at 39992 miles.  Road 8 more miles, pulled over, took a few 40K pics and let 2 lbs out of each tire (by estimating how long a release).  Rode on and it settled to 44 per tire. :nananana:

Forgot that part till I uploaded the photo today and saw the 47/46 and just KNEW someone would give me grief - but only 40K photos I gotz.

Figures it would be you two bustin' my chops  :rotflmao: :truce: :rotflmao:
Got yer back Brudda. Better us than some east coast smart Azz  :beerchug:

:great: :beerchug: Why they call it the Bun Cooler. Still 500 miles from ID meet up. 2 cups of hot chocolate finally settled the shakes. Life without adversity would not be an adventure.  :great:

C what happens when you set expectations? That's why I always aim low  ;) :beerchug: :great: