• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Warning - Autel MaxiTPMS no longer will clone TPMS sensors (the standalone units, don't know about the pad/computer setup).

Epeescott

Just got off the phone with Autel tech support. My new MaxiTPMS unit is useless for the sensor replacement on my C14.

They say their units manufactured after September 2023 will no longer support 'copy by activation', meaning scan old Kawasaki sensor then program that to the new MX Sensor. The only way to program new sensors is to copy the ID from the car's OBD or to generate new codes by random, which won't match what is in the C14 computer.

Ugh.

I set up the sensor as a new sensor using the code I read on a label on the OEM sensor. I didn't have the scan pad get the code from the OEM sensor. As far as I know, my pad has never been capable of seeing the OEM sensor. Maybe we should say we're tricking the system instead of cloning. The effect is the same either way.

They will not let you manually enter a code any more. The only way to write is to write from received OBD data or let it automatically generate new IDs.
Are you using the pad that hooks up to a computer via USB or a handheld standalone unit?

Before that. But were you talking about the standalone or the pad in that conversation?

Thanks, I'll take you up on that if I have no luck. I was referring to the standalones. I don't know if they are doing the same with the pad, but I would think it likely. I'll change my thread name.

Ok, this worries me. I just bought a pad for doing my bike and car. I am confused. If your batteries are completely dead, you can't clone and if they won't let you do as Bud suggested, what good is it?

I am pretty sure they are firmware updateable. Wonder if way to get old firmware and install it?

Last edited:
Before I bought my pad, I asked a local tire shop about cloning my OEM to an autel. They have a hand held unit. It's not a new model. He said that it would not read the OEM Kawasaki sensor. At that point, I didn't have a good understanding of how all this worked. As far as I know, it's never actually been cloning. It's been applying the Kawasaki sensor ID to an autel sensor. There's no electronic reading of the OEM sensor and I don't think there ever has been.

I just tested the OEM sensor and the autel sensor on the bike. The pad will wake up the autel sensor and show all the relevant info for that sensor, but won't even see the Kawasaki sensor. The autel software is version 3.12. What version of the software are you using with the pad you just bought?

Interesting. Even my standalone unit with the reduced functionality will read all the data from the OEM sensor.

I don't yet have my pad yet. Finding in US was very hard so coming from china. Probably a fake, but maybe more likely to have older software. Since I don't have wheels apart to get number off oem sensors, how can i test to see if this is gonna work? I guess i could use your numbers, just to see if it will program the sensor. But I won't be able to test the sensor to make sure bike reads it. Anyone near Baltimore and able to help me figure out if this is going to work?

I don't think they are making the pad anymore? On their site, it didn't show up.

I don't yet have my pad yet. Finding in US was very hard so coming from china. Probably a fake, but maybe more likely to have older software. Since I don't have wheels apart to get number off oem sensors, how can i test to see if this is gonna work? I guess i could use your numbers, just to see if it will program the sensor. But I won't be able to test the sensor to make sure bike reads it. Anyone near Baltimore and able to help me figure out if this is going to work?

I don't think they are making the pad anymore? On their site, it didn't show up.
Since your concern is being able to program a new sensor, give a shot with my number. You absolutely must put 3 zeros before the F. If you can complete the procedure, then life is good. When you use your own number, the bike will see it and you can be even happier. HTH

I will try that Bud. Thinking about it, the pad would have no way to get the info from OBDII? If Autel is switching to requiring getting info from car's computer, maybe that is why they discontinued the pad? The pad would require a separate cable for computer to interface with OBDII. I actually had one for using FORScan, Fords OBDII program.

Last edited:
The rubber stem is advised against. The nut mount ones are recommended for our bikes as the sensor can be dropped into the tyre out of harm's way at change time.

That's gotta be a pia to install on our rims. It sits so proud how does it not get snagged by the tire beads during install?

Wonder if my pad will program the new version of an autel sensor?
Good question. I'm planning on putting in sensors on my 2013 car with next tire change. That should be soon as I have about 45k miles on this set. Bud, you would need the code on OEM sensors to try to program for a Ford?

I will try that Bud. Thinking about it, the pad would have no way to get the info from OBDII? If Autel is switching to requiring getting info from car's computer, maybe that is why they discontinued the pad? The pad would require a separate cable for computer to interface with OBDII. I actually had one for using FORScan, Fords OBDII program.
Doesn't it do both? The one I used could I believe.

You mean the cable work with both FORScan and Autel? I don't know. I returned the cable-got message not compatible for my car although seemed to work? And I don't yet have my maxitpms pad.

Good question. I'm planning on putting in sensors on my 2013 car with next tire change. That should be soon as I have about 45k miles on this set. Bud, you would need the code on OEM sensors to try to program for a Ford?
Just put the pad by the sensor and read the sensor unless it is dead. The pad shouldn't have any problems with car sensors since that's what they're marketed for.

Well I finally got a maxiTPMS pad. I found some software on an Autel site. Installed it and it is version 2.42. I haven't connected the pad yet cause don't want to have anything updated. Bud, what version you have? You mentioned 3.12 before. Is that specific for the pad? Do you know if there is update from what you have installed?

20240216_181309.jpg

Edit: i found another version off some download site. It says "you are downloading version 3.0.4", but when run it there isn't any version number in top left?

Last edited:
You take chances on download sites. IIRC I got it from the autel site, but let me look. I'll be back.

I borrowed this one from a friend who had a auto repair shop. He never had used it, came with his expensive diagnostic tools and software. The tool wouldn't work so I had to update it. Not sure which version. Had to get log in and password from him to do so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218-212659.png
    Screenshot_20240218-212659.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
IMG_20230219_104846_881.jpgPXL_20240107_130043145.jpg

The first pic shows the label with the code to be used. Add 3 zeros in front of the F.
The second pic shows what you'll see when the sensor has been successfully programmed. Hope this helps everyone that wants to do this.

Hey Bud
Can you help me please?
I've got a 2014 C-14 that needs new sensors.
If I bought these new Autel sensors above with metal stems and sent you those with my old sensors can you program the new ones to pair with my bike?
Would it be easy as that?

Nick

Just an update for everyone the programming pad still works as described in the Concourier article. The pad is no longer available from Autel but can be found over seas with a little Google searching. This of April 14 2024