• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Was this a good deal or not?

barthoman143543

I'm very new to this forum and I've really grown interested in all the insight everybody here has to offer. I just purchased a 2008 Kawasaki Concours for $6000.
16,400 miles
The valves were just adjusted at 15,500 miles and all the fluids were changed.
Flash from Ivan
Engine guards
Corbin seat
V Stream windshield
New tires
Loaded with a bunch of other accessories that was thrown into the deal. I purchased this bike from 70 year old who took very good care of this bike. The bike is in mint condition.
I went from a Vulcan 900 to this Concours and I was blown away by the power!! Just checking to see if this was a descent deal. I plan on purchasing an exhaust but not quite sure what to choose.

You did OK. An 09 just sold here for that but didn't have all the extras yours has. If you like it and it's nice with all the goodies you want, it was a great deal! Enjoy and please consider becoming a full member to keep the show going!

Mileage is roughly 1,100 per year, very low, would be interesting to see if the machine has sat for a few years or been ridden a little each year? Sitting for extended period can result in breaking down of many soft parts and $ to repair.

As long as the machine has been ridden few times a year and stored properly I would say you negotiated a great deal.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Keep in mind that there are many new machines on the market for more than double the price that don’t offer the riding experience your bike does. The electronic gadgetry justifies the price, but is more annoying than useful. The lines of the bike are more beautiful than most as well. I might make and exception for the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. The value you have is extremely solid!

Unless you desire a heavy and underpowered Royal Enfield or a Chinese bike for around $6K. A ninja 400 would actually be a great choice, but nothing as plush as a Connie!

Connie has to be the most over looked and under appreciated bike of all time imo… I also love that I hardly ever see any in the wild. It’s all sport bike dudes, BMW bandwagon or Harley’s.

Reactions: Bud
That seems to be a good deal. Many on this site have over 100K on their bikes so you have a lot of fun coming your way!