• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Webinar Series: Using COG Website & Forum

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Webinar Series: Using COG Website & Forum

COG will host a series of weekly sessions covering how to use a variety of our online services.

The series will be Thursdays, 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM eastern time beginning on January 25.
There are six (6) sessions scheduled, but the series can end sooner if all topics are covered, or extended if needed.

If you have a topic you would like to see added, or you would like to lead a topic discussions, please send an email to: COG IT .

Please register to attend...

Registration is required to receive the webinar Zoom link, which will be sent to attendees by email.
To register, visit the Event Calendar or click this link: concours.org/event-5526707

Total registration is limited by the number we can host in a Zoom call, and is available to COG members only, first come, first served. If the event fills, a waitlist will be used if someone cancels.

It is planned to cover these topics, in sequence. We will cover as much as possible in each 1-hour session, and continue with the list next session.

• COG Web Services Overview
  • Changing your password
  • Changing your email
  • Member Profile
    • View Member Profile
    • Edit Member Profile
    • Renew Membership
    • Change Membership Level
    • Membership Handbook/Directory Settings
  • Events
    • Monthly Calendar
    • List of Events
    • Map of Events
    • Event Archive
    • Submit an Event
  • Resources
    • Tech Pages
    • Library
    • Deals
    • Vendors
    • Member Directory
    • Member Store
    • CDA
    • CMA
    • GPX Repository
  • Forum
    • Style Chooser
    • Forum navigation
    • Your Account & Preferences
    • Conversations
    • Alerts
    • What's New
    • Latest Activity
    • Find Threads
    • Watched
    • Bookmarks
    • Mark Forums Read

Cool. I wonder if a “limited access” version might be a recruiting tool to allow forum only members and guests to see what they are missing. Good job guys.

Cool. I wonder if a “limited access” version might be a recruiting tool to allow forum only members and guests to see what they are missing. Good job guys.

Maybe record the sessions and make the videos available to members and free trial forum subscribers.

Uploading and linking pictures and videos via mobile phone and desktop OS's should be covered if it's not already included. I think there's members that still have trouble, even after the updated forum software.

Maybe record the sessions and make the videos available to members and free trial forum subscribers.

Not a bad idea. If we use a placement ad on sites like Revzilla, Cycle Gear, Cycle Trader, etc. and link it to these, might be a try before you buy experience?

The first session is today @ 8:00 PM eastern. Registration is required to receive the webinar Zoom link.
This is a good webinar series for new and long term members. Attend any or all sessions.
Many useful features will be demonstrated... maybe a few you didn't know existed.
The information can be useful if you have trouble using forum features - i.e. posting images, updated member profile, and more.
Be there or be square ;)

Uploading and linking pictures and videos via mobile phone and desktop OS's should be covered if it's not already included. I think there's members that still have trouble, even after the updated forum software.

The software updates have no effect on image uploading feature.

The software updates have no effect on image uploading feature.

I didn't word that correctly. I'm talking about the old forum software verses the new forum software. Not rolling updates. The talk before the big switch was, the new forum software was going to be easier for those that had trouble posting pics etc. I did quite a bit of picture posting for a bunch of people that had trouble and I think there's still a demand for information on things like that. HTH

I didn't word that correctly. I'm talking about the old forum software verses the new forum software. Not rolling updates. The talk before the big switch was, the new forum software was going to be easier for those that had trouble posting pics etc. I did quite a bit of picture posting for a bunch of people that had trouble and I think there's still a demand for information on things like that. HTH

IMO, the new forum s/w (Xenforo) is waaay easier to use than the old forum s/w (Simple Machines). Specific to adding images, Xenforo permits drag and drop using the Insert Image tool. No argument that there is still a demand for use of services information, and why this virtual seminar series was offered. However, the fact that no members other than a half dozen officers attended is telling. Based on that, the number of sessions was significantly cut back.

Some basic help specifically using forum BBCODES is available via the system help link in the lower right corner of the forum screens.

1706719431531.png

I agree. I would have thought there would have been more people attending. First thing that popped up in my head was those folks might have thought they didn't have the necessary skills to attend. Just grasping at straws here.

I agree. I would have thought there would have been more people attending. First thing that popped up in my head was those folks might have thought they didn't have the necessary skills to attend. Just grasping at straws here.
they were the target audience... luckily they have you to fall back on, Paul :)

Is there some place to read this material, like a manual? I'd like to know the information but the only zooming I do is on 2 wheels.

Good question. Here's my simple answer.
If there was a good set of material to point to, that would be a much easier option than some club volunteer organizing and running a webinar. The reason is technically complicated, so here's a layman's level summary. The club's online services use two off the shelf products... Wild Apricot, (WA) a web based, SaaS membership management software, and Xenforo (XF) forum software.

Both have been customized to provide the expected COG user experience. Several customized features are unique to COG and not found in a generic use information. Not all features of WA and XF are enabled and user facing, while there are custom features implemented that enhance user experience, and provide value to club members. It was thought that users would prefer a live demonstration of useful COG online services, rather than reading lots of user manual web pages. Leading the horse to water was tried....

Here is a generic user guide for WA web services:

WA mobile app for iOS users:

WA mobile app for Android users:

XF Basic help:

If you still can't sleep after reading all that, try this...
A History of COG's Online Evolution:

Enjoy!
HTH

No thanks, I'm not reading that kind of stuff. What I was talking about is a short list of things we need to know written by someone at your level, who understands and can translate, so that us not so computer literate people can follow along. Like ,what were your first 5 things you were hoping to discuss? I am not being difficult, I simply like the written word better than zooming or videos. If this doesn't appeal to you, that's fine.

No thanks, I'm not reading that kind of stuff. What I was talking about is a short list of things we need to know written by someone at your level, who understands and can translate, so that us not so computer literate people can follow along. Like ,what were your first 5 things you were hoping to discuss? I am not being difficult, I simply like the written word better than zooming or videos. If this doesn't appeal to you, that's fine.

Sorry, writing instruction manuals doesn't appeal to me, plus my available COG volunteer time is presently maxed out. Maybe in the future. Better yet, is there is another member willing to step up and write that?

After 3 successful sessions, all topics were covered, and all attendee questions answered.
The webinar has concluded. Thanks to all the attendees.

Reactions: Bud
@S Smith Thank You for hosting these informative sessions. I think all that attended learned functions previously unknown as well how to better navigate the database and forum.

Well done,
Wayne